Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
White Sox Get: Tyler Glasnow((Pit), Dominic Smithl(NY), Austin Meadows(Pit)

Mets Gets: Andrew McCuthen(Pit) and David Robertson(Chi)

Pirates Get: Jose Quintana(Chi), Michael Comforto(NY) Justin Dunn (NY)

Pirates get two high end guys with control and a young prospect

Mets: They get there centerfielder and closer

White Sox: We get two high end position players with a young stud prospect pitcher.

Close?

Other than the Mets giving up three cheap, young players for two guys only udner contract for two more seasons...this proposal actually makes some sense

I think Pittsburgh actually gets too much in return by essentially sending McCutchen, Glasnow and Meadows and getting Quintana/Conforto/Dunn back

Edited by steveno89

I guess that would be a very pirates thing to do trying to offset the very cheap Quintana contract by moving Cutch and getting Conforto, but in my head if Q going to the Pirates requires Meadows it will just be a straight up deal and they will avoid the fan headache of losing the hometown star.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
I guess that would be a very pirates thing to do trying to offset the very cheap Quintana contract by moving Cutch and getting Conforto, but in my head if Q going to the Pirates requires Meadows it will just be a straight up deal and they will avoid the fan headache of losing the hometown star.

Agreed. With McCutchen, that lineup is still a really good lineup. Add a really good lineup to a really good rotation and they can be thinking of possibly winning the division or hosting a wild card game.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
Agreed. With McCutchen, that lineup is still a really good lineup. Add a really good lineup to a really good rotation and they can be thinking of possibly winning the division or hosting a wild card game.

I agree.The whole purpose of the trade would be to improve the team to make the playoffs. I don't see losing McCutchen and his replacement in one deal making sense for them even with improvement of the pitching with Q.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
I agree.The whole purpose of the trade would be to improve the team to make the playoffs. I don't see losing McCutchen and his replacement in one deal making sense for them even with improvement of the pitching with Q.

Exactly. Are the Pirates really going to put that much faith into a rookie expecting to put up similar numbers to Cutch? Cutch had a down year, but I don't think Meadows could reach that in his next 2 years given his age.

Very well could, but unlikely.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2016122...orts/161229711/

No source provided, but speculation that the White Sox asking price to the Pirates is Glasnow, Meadows plus either Bell or Newman

I love it. Keep the pricetag really high and force a team's hand. Quintana's contract is especially valuable given the massive free agent deals being handed out left and right.

The key for the White Sox is getting the Pirates to agree in priciple for Meadows and Glasnow to headline the deal...and then possibly allow them to negotiate you down to a player like Hayes as the final piece

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)

No source provided, but speculation that the White Sox asking price to the Pirates is Glasnow, Meadows plus either Bell or Newman

I love it. Keep the pricetag really high and force a team's hand. Quintana's contract is especially valuable given the massive free agent deals being handed out left and right.

The key for the White Sox is getting the Pirates to agree in priciple for Meadows and Glasnow to headline the deal...and then possibly allow them to negotiate you down to a player like Hayes as the final piece

Yeah glad we still feel good asking that much but that deal (Meadows, Glasnow and Bell/Newman) is the best deal we've seen so far. I'd be pumped if we see Meadows, Newman, etc as our package.

I'd do Q for Meadows, Glasnow, and Bell. Sign me up.

If that happens god damn.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Yeah glad we still feel good asking that much but that deal (Meadows, Glasnow and Bell/Newman) is the best deal we've seen so far. I'd be pumped if we see Meadows, Newman, etc as our package.

Reading the rest of this article and realizing this is total speculation by Gregor.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
If that happens god damn.

We trade Q for Glasnow/Meadows and either Newman or Bell and I am popping the champagne

Sox would easily have the best farm system in baseball by a gigantic margin. Zero debate.

1) Moncada

2) Glasnow

3) Meadows

4) Giolito

5) Kopech

6) Bell/Newman

7) Lopez

8) Collins

9) Fulmer

10) Adams

11) Burdi

12) Basabe

13) Hansen

14) Dunning

15) Tilsen

Holy f*ck (dare to dream)

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
We trade Q for Glasnow/Meadows and either Newman or Bell and I am popping the champagne

Sox would easily have the best farm system in baseball by a gigantic margin. Zero debate.

1) Moncada

2) Glasnow

3) Meadows

4) Giolito

5) Kopech

6) Bell/Newman

7) Lopez

8) Collins

9) Fulmer

10) Adams

11) Burdi

12) Basabe

13) Hansen

14) Dunning

15) Tilsen

Holy f*ck (dare to dream)

I love how our 4th best prospect in this scenario was the 3rd best prospect in game a few months ago.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
I love how our 4th best prospect in this scenario was the 3rd best prospect in game a few months ago.

That farm system would be absolutely locked and loaded to compete in the next few years

Add in some other shrewd moves and/or free agent signings and you are looking at a playoff team if things go well

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

Pen arm possibilities (or other starters): Burdi, Dunning, Stephens, Adams, Fulmer, Hansen, Clark, Cooper

C- Collins (fingers crossed)

1B - Abreu and/or Bell

2B - Moncada and/or Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - ?

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- Tilson?

DH - ?

As a Sox fan you can dream of a scenario like this...

God forbid anyone else in our system pans out like Call, Fisher, Engel, Michalczewski, Schnurbusch, etc.

Edited by steveno89

MRW I see that kinda of speculation :o

Glasnow/Meadows/Bell

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
That farm system would be absolutely locked and loaded to compete in the next few years

Add in some other shrewd moves and/or free agent signings and you are looking at a playoff team if things go well

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

Pen arm possibilities (or other starters): Burdi, Dunning, Stephens, Adams, Fulmer, Hansen, Clark, Cooper

1B - Abreu and/or Bell

SS - Anderson

3B - ?

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- Tilson?

DH - ?

Keep Abreu around to DH and back up first.

In two years, Machado becomes a FA and the Sox would only have Abreu and Rodon to pay.

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

1B - Abreu and/or Bell

SS - Anderson

3B - ?

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- Tilson?

DH - ?

God forbid anyone else in our system pans out like Call, Fisher, Engel, Michalczewski, Schnurbusch, etc.

you shouldn't count on all of them being good MLB players. Many of them will not.

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

1B - Abreu and/or Bell

SS - Anderson

3B - ?

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- Tilson?

DH - ?

If Tilson is a starter, then our rebuild has gone very, very wrong at some point.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
If Tilson is a starter, then our rebuild has gone very, very wrong at some point.

Or somehow Tilson went really, really right.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Machado will want ARod money - and he could get it.

At age 26 with the money the Sox should have, I'm down of he'd be the last piece.