Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)
97 wins NLCS appearance in '15.

103 wins WS champions in '16.

Best roster, manager and FO in baseball going into next year (oh yeah, they sell-out their park no matter what aka can spend when they have to) and you still don't believe? Whatever. -

I still don't believe the hype

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
And if they make a trade and the people b****ing feel like they didn't get enough, well, I think you already know. It's a great time to be alive if you're a Sox fan. Let the Cubs do their thing next year and in '18. Come '19? Good lord it is so on.

Exactly. I'm excited about the talent the Sox have brought back so far and really looking forward to seeing what Q brings back. Hopefully at least two top 100 hitting prospects I can't help but laugh when people question the rebuild when were not even two months into it. As others keep saying, PATIENCE!

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
I still don't believe the hype

I'll respect Q's request and not use the R word anymore. But wtf are you thinkin'? lol. Now if you're shook, I understand. I know what it's like to be shook. Otherwise, you're not making any sense.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Its seems right now they half assing the rebuild till Quintana traded.

It is actually just the opposite. Half-assing it would be taking the first deal they got offered instead of negotiating to get the best deal possible. Thankfully they aren't worried about impatient fans.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Not hype. They're good. But the point is the Sox are finally committing to a plan that's sustainable, building from the ground up.

so you counting st louis cardinals out and dodgers and red sox and mets and nationals

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
I'll respect Q's request and not use the R word anymore. But wtf are you thinkin'? lol. Now if you're shook, I understand. I know what it's like to be shook. Otherwise, you're not making any sense.

I just want you to know, I am stealing this as my new signature.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
so you counting st louis cardinals out and dodgers and red sox and mets and nationals

Really? The Dodgers play in the NLW, the Mets and Nats in the NLE and the red Sox in the ALE so the only team the cubs have to worry about is the Cards who finished in 2nd 17.5 games back of the cubs. What should the cubs be worried about?

More importantly, wtf do the cubs have to do with the Sox trading Q and the rebuild?

Thread derailment over, I now return you to your regularly scheduled White Sox rebuild.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
Really? The Dodgers play in the NLW, the Mets and Nats in the NLE and the red Sox in the ALE so the only team the cubs have to worry about is the Cards who finished in 2nd 17.5 games back of the cubs. What should the cubs be worried about?

More importantly, wtf do the cubs have to do with the Sox trading Q and the rebuild?

Thread derailment over, I now return you to your regularly scheduled White Sox rebuild.

I'm talking about playoffs dude.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/deck-th...x-prospect-list

“This is just the start of what’s going to be a long process,’’ Hahn said after trading Sale and Eaton. “Just because we want it done quickly doesn’t mean it’s going to get done quickly. We have to react to the market, react to our players’ value, react to how our players develop.’’

Sounds like a rebuilding team to me.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)
I'm talking about playoffs dude.

Yeah, thats why you mentioned the Red Sox? Not like they play in the same league or anything. NASCAR circles....

Please enlighten us with all the moves the Nats, Dodgers and Cards have made that will not only catch the cubs but surpass them.

Cashman looked pretty dumb with the Loaiza/Contreras move and letting Q get away for nothing...it's not impossible to imagine bringing him back, but it MIGHT complicate matters a bit. He would have to face a new battery of questions about what they missed the first time, and giving up a haul like Torres/Frazier/Rutherford (2 of 3) would put a ton of pressure on him (about as much as possible) because of the fact that "casual" AL East fans or non roto/saber people just aren't familiar with how good Quintana really is.

You ask the average Yankees or Mets fans, they'd tell you Jose is maybe a 3 or 4 starter, simply because most aren't familiar with him, and then there are lot of fans that just look at ERA, wins and losses, K numbers and the fact that he throws pretty hard for a lefty but isn't a fireballer who racks up 12-15 k's every month will make those same fans blanch a little bit at the cost when the hype around Torres/Frazier/Rutherford is so big (any Yankees' prospects, for that matter).

Most Yankees' fans believe the team is just made out of money and can buy any starter they want...that's another perception issue to overcome. And then there's the fact that even WITH Q the Yankees might be coming up a bit short against the Red Sox and Blue Jays, and then the Orioles will always go bargain shopping for the next Nelson Cruz or Trumbo and strike gold yet again in that market.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 01:51 AM)
Cashman looked pretty dumb with the Loaiza/Contreras move and letting Q get away for nothing...it's not impossible to imagine bringing him back, but it MIGHT complicate matters a bit. He would have to face a new battery of questions about what they missed the first time, and giving up a haul like Torres/Frazier/Rutherford (2 of 3) would put a ton of pressure on him (about as much as possible) because of the fact that "casual" AL East fans or non roto/saber people just aren't familiar with how good Quintana really is.

You ask the average Yankees or Mets fans, they'd tell you Jose is maybe a 3 or 4 starter, simply because most aren't familiar with him, and then there are lot of fans that just look at ERA, wins and losses, K numbers and the fact that he throws pretty hard for a lefty but isn't a fireballer who racks up 12-15 k's every month will make those same fans blanch a little bit at the cost when the hype around Torres/Frazier/Rutherford is so big (any Yankees' prospects, for that matter).

Most Yankees' fans believe the team is just made out of money and can buy any starter they want...that's another perception issue to overcome. And then there's the fact that even WITH Q the Yankees might be coming up a bit short against the Red Sox and Blue Jays, and then the Orioles will always go bargain shopping for the next Nelson Cruz or Trumbo and strike gold yet again in that market.

Just look at their reactions to the runors. They already have their pitchforks ready if they trade even 1 top prospect.

One guy says Q gives up way too many homeruns and thus wouldnt be a good Yankee. Someone replied that he gives up way fewer than Tanaka.

Yankeea fans are in their own little world.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 12:50 AM)
They won the WS without even playing that great taking into account the talent on the team. It would not surprise me at all to see them win a few more.

Barely beat the giants had go 7 games vs a injured tribe team if indians was healthy they would have won.