Rick Hahn on ESPN 1000

Donaldo

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
What the f*** is up with this millennial new age term: "bae"?

It's the Dutch word for poop. True story, I kid you not.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae

Yep, pretty f***in stupid. Steering this away from stupid pet names and back to baseball.

After the week of winter meetings, maybe things pick back on Monday after teams' front offices have had a chance to catch their breath.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 10, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
Listened to the entire interview. Loved every single word that came out of Rick's mouth. This is what I've wanted for years.

WHAT

A

TIME

TO

BE

ALIVE

I do believe you're the first champion of the rebuilding cry... it was around 07 if I recall correct.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)
Listened to the entire interview. Loved every single word that came out of Rick's mouth. This is what I've wanted for years.

WHAT

A

TIME

TO

BE

ALIVE

Love when J4Ls excitement aligns with my own.

I like Hahn, but he was in full politician mode in this interview (as usual) and his responses are designed more to maximize his organization's leverage and image than to tell the truth (as usual). And don't get me wrong - that's exactly what he should be doing. But there's almost no point in listening to what he says.

Kenny Williams put together a team that did what it took the Cubs 108 years to do.

I respect the man's intelligence and have always appreciated how he has spoken in public and conducted himself while representing the White Sox and the City of Chicago. Same goes for Rick Hahn. I can't say the same thing about Chris Sale who stepped over the line a few times.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 06:59 PM)
You know that screams Kenny.

Calling PTAC....3, 2, 1

It's intellectually not quite honest to just attribute all the bad moves by a team to one official and the "good" moves to another. Sure, before last week, you had Eaton for Santiago, the Sale/Q/Eaton extensions (didn't reinvent the wheel, but good job) and then Abreu (was that Paddy/KW or Hahn).

Unless you're blaming KW for every single veteran brought in since Adam Dunn in 2011 and you believe Hahn had no voice/say that whole time even though his salary was the highest (supposedly) for any Assistant GM in the game...let's also not forget that Hahn was the name all over the press with the Cabrera, Robertson and LaRoche signings. Did KW put a gun to his head? Or Jeff Keppinger?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
Can you think of ONE example of a white sports executive that you would question their "intellectual capacity" to do the job...based on their not finishing school or it being the time of Prop 48?

@

Due to the fact that approximately 85-90% of the Big 4 sports GM positions are populated by white front office execs, it should be quite easy.

Ok, let's try this again:

Who brought up race, you or me?

Feel free to go back and check. As they say in math class in school, "show your work."

EDIT: And I'll go first, since you asked. I think Larry Bird is stupid, and a poor executive, in part because he has a low degree of education.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete