Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
Eh.. if he's playing 2B, he doesn't need to hit 20+ bombs a year since it isn't a power hitting position. Will he be an all star? Probably not, but he still can be a very productive player whose high OBP, solid contact rate and solid fielding can be essential in building a world series team.Now I will say this, he better not be the top position prospect in any deal wit h Q. As a second or third position player? He's fine.

Yeah, this is what I am saying. We blew the deal if he is the top position player.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
My opinion on "fair" value from the suitors.

NYY: Frazier, Andujar, Kaprellian.

Torres deal: Torres, Rutherford, Adams, Kyle Holder

HOU: Martes, Tucker, Stubbs, Ferrell

PIT: Meadows, Hayes, Diaz

Not sure if I'm way off base or not, but these make sense to me.

My own feelings

Eh.. if he's playing 2B, he doesn't need to hit 20+ bombs a year since it isn't a power hitting position. Will he be an all star? Probably not, but he still can be a very productive player whose high OBP, solid contact rate and solid fielding can be essential in building a world series team. Now I will say this, he better not be the top position prospect in any deal with Q. As a second or third position player? He's fine.

The player you just described is basically an infield version of Adam Eaton with more power.

I just wish the Pirates had one more like him. Give me two Kevin Newman's plus Keller (or Glasnow, even if I'm not a believer) and I'd be happy. But as its stands Ke'Bryan Hayes is a 20 year old who has just over 500 career PA's and Cole Tucker couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. The Pirates are short a piece.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
My opinion on "fair" value from the suitors.

NYY: Frazier OR Torres, Rutherford, Andujar, and a low level (A+ or below) high upside pitcher.

HOU: Martes, Tucker, Reed, Perez, and Stubbs OR Laureano

PIT: Meadows, Newman, Keller, and Hayes

Not sure if I'm way off base or not, but these make sense to me.

You are not too far off base for what it would take to actually get a deal done

The final Yankees piece would have to be one of Adams/Clarkin/Montgomery for a deal to make sense

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
My own feelings

"My opinion on "fair" value from the suitors.

NYY: Frazier, Andujar, Kaprellian.

Torres deal: Torres, Rutherford, Adams, Kyle Holder

HOU: Martes, Tucker, Stubbs, Ferrell

PIT: Meadows, Hayes, Diaz

Not sure if I'm way off base or not, but these make sense to me."

NYY: Frazier, Andujar, Kaprellian (feels light for 4 seasons of Quintana...big drop off in value between Frazier and Andujar/Kaprellian)

Torres deal is closer, but still light.

Martes + Tucker is a start, but I don't think Stubbs or Ferrell are good enough to be a third piece in a deal. Pass

Meadows + Hayes + Diaz is considerably light. Keller would have to be included

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
The player you just described is basically an infield version of Adam Eaton with more power.

Eaton was a much better hitter in the minors, but I agree I'll definitely take an infield version of him. Hell, I'll take a poor man's.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:18 AM)
Eaton was a much better hitter in the minors, but I agree I'll definitely take an infield version of him. Hell, I'll take a poor man's.

Part of that may have been the leagues Eaton was playing in (pcl, etc) but yes Eaton had great slugging numbers in minors.

I mentioned Melky, though, and he isn't far off. Melky slugged a bit higher but pretty similar.

If they get either Meadows or Torres without it being what amounts to a 1-for-1 swap I'll be happy. If the deal doesn't include one of those two I want three top 100 (consensus, not snuck in at 97 on one list) with at least one, preferably the best, being a position player and a 4th lower level player added.

I'm not getting too hung up on specific names, if a deal feels right I'll like it.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
If they get either Meadows or Torres without it being what amounts to a 1-for-1 swap I'll be happy. If the deal doesn't include one of those two I want three top 100 (consensus, not snuck in at 97 on one list) with at least one, preferably the best, being a position player and a 4th lower level player added.

I'm not getting too hung up on specific names, if a deal feels right I'll like it.

Glasnow, Keller and Newman are three top 50 names. Pretty sure you've said that feels light, but may be confusing you with a different poster, which is certainly possible at this point.

Glasnow, Keller and Newman are three top 50 names. Pretty sure you've said that feels light, but may be confusing you with a different poster, which is certainly possible at this point.

I've said that I dont believe in Tyler Glasnow much, but Keller + Newman headlining feels like a decent start. The quality of the 4th name makes or breaks that deal.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)

Quintana is projected to be worth roughly $133 million in surplus value

Torres or Meadows are, at best, worth roughly $72 million each in surplus value based on prospect valuation. That leaves over $60 million in additional surplus value to be accounted for in trade value...which means significantly more would have to be headed to the White Sox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:30 AM)
Baseball AmericaVerified account

‏@BaseballAmerica

The @astros are reluctant to part with Francis Martes, knowing the righty could debut in 2017, @jakemkaplan writes. http://bba.am/Cmgzxy

Houston can go f*** off

Peter Gammons reported last week they offered him in the Archer proposal - I trust that more than this. Chalk it up to posturing.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)

‏@BaseballAmerica

The @astros are reluctant to part with Francis Martes, knowing the righty could debut in 2017, @jakemkaplan writes. http://bba.am/Cmgzxy

Houston can go f*** off

I really hope Martes, Tucker, and Musgrove fail horribly and Houston misses thr playoffs because of rotation issues.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:26 PM)
I've said that I dont believe in Tyler Glasnow much, but Keller + Newman headlining feels like a decent start. The quality of the 4th name makes or breaks that deal.

I like Keller, but Keller + Newman feels like pieces 2 and 3 of an appropriate deal to me.

‏@BaseballAmerica

Houston can go f*** off

They would get Quintana WHO WOULD BE HELPING THEM FROM OPENING DAY!!!! There's no could or maybe or if. This is so annoying haha

Edited by soxfan2014

‏@BaseballAmerica

Houston can go f*** off

That's laughable

If Martes is off the table I'm not even answering the phone again if I am Rick Hahn

Scraps are not landing Quintana...a king's random is

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
That's laughable

If Martes is off the table I'm not even answering the phone again if I am Rick Hahn

Scraps are not landing Quintana...a king's random is

Lol it'll be like those mtimes in relationships when your gf is mad at you and won't answer your calls so you gotta text to try to make up (only in this scenario, Houston would text they are ready to give into demands haha).