President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

There is so much to dissect of this farce of a presidency, but holy f*** they actually let a Russian spy and diplomat into the Oval Office, BARRED US MEDIA, and only allowed Russian media including RT and Sputnik in. I mean goddamn. Just think about that

And then spun it as "we didn't know it was bad and the tricky Russians lied to us about pictures"

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2017 -> 04:19 PM)
I dont think highly of Paul Ryan, but I dont believe he would do anything like this because he simply didnt need to.

Apparently Ryan and Priebus are both connected to this data analysis firm that was raided today

But none of this matters to Trump. It never has. As Louise Sunshine, a former Trump organization employee told me months ago, Trump had always lobbed grenades -- and then walked away.

"Nobody ever knew when he walked in a meeting what he was going to say or do because he didn't," she said. "Donald has always managed to walk into a meeting and say something that nobody else expected him ever to say, upend the entire meeting, leave everybody agog, and control every situation that way, so by the time he leaves the room, he has the store, he owns the store."

But this isn't Trump's store anymore.

Trump has clearly learned little in office. He still throws tantrums, and his staff is sent to clean up the mess.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/opinions/no-...rger/index.html

Gloria Borger, No One Can Save Trump From

I'll do some of Rabbit's work for him...

Now, if the New York Times journalists would read their own newspaper they could go back for a few months and read the story about how a good deal of the fake news stories actually came out of Macedonia. That is to say not Greek Macedonia, but the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. It was a commercial enterprise, and so far as to begin with, according to the New York Times, these fake news stories were targeting Clinton and Trump alike. They discovered in Macedonia that stories targeting Clinton actually got more clicks and therefore generated more revenue, and so therefore they started flooding the internet with more stories with regard to Clinton. That speaks to the question of how the Trump base is more maniacal than the so called Clinton base. Not only that, they have more money so they can waste money on click bait. Now, that's the story that should be pursued that is not being pursued.

PAUL JAY: Again, if in fact the DNC hack, which was the one that raised the issues in the first place in the campaign ... There's been so little in the press made. Of course, the Democratic party leadership don't want to make the issue, but it was about ... The most important thing was how corrupt the DNC was, how they weren't following their own rules and guidelines on impartiality in the primary. Whether it was Schultz or Donna Brazile, these are far more grave than releasing this information. I mean, the point they're trying to get at here in terms of the investigations is was there some direct connivance between the Trump campaign and the Russians on this. But I would have thought it's far more serious what the DNC did.

GERALD HORNE: Well, certainly there are many aspects of the Trump-Russia connection that are worthy of investigation. First of all there are stories already that have been published concerning properties owned by Mr. Trump in south Florida that were sold to Russian interests for 100% profit or more at the same time that similar properties in that region were not sold for so handsome a profit. Then there's the question of Russian oligarchs buying condos in Trump properties and paying a pretty penny for same. Then there's stories about one of Mr. Trump's sons talking off the cuff about Russian capital flooding into Trump golf courses.

The face of the military industrial complex, as I was saying earlier, is not the Democratic party. It's John McCain and his allies, and they have a tremendous hate on for Trump, not only just at the level of this geopolitical issue, but John McCain brought Robert Mercer, who is the billionaire connected to Renaissance Technologies ... If you follow The Real News we've done many stories and a whole documentary film on how Robert Mercer backed Trump and made him President. Bannon worked for Mercer, Kellyanne Conway worked for Mercer.

Well, Mercer is Co-CEO of Renaissance Technologies. When McCain called the Co-CEO of Renaissance to testify over almost $7 billion tax bill that Renaissance is fighting with with the IRS, McCain became the enemy of Robert Mercer. So what happens? Fast forward to the primaries when McCain is running in the last primary. Donald Trump supports the opponent of McCain and Robert Mercer finances the opponent of the campaign. So McCain has tremendous hatred and opposition at a personal level and in terms of the geopolitics with Trump. So yeah, I think there's going to be some real allies to go after Trump on this Russia issue within the Republican party.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option...p;jumival=19060

Edited by caulfield12

For example: Trump takes two scoops of ice cream with his chocolate cream pie, TIME reported, while everyone else around the table gets just one.

TIME reported that Trump brought up how he is trying to mint an arms deal with an African leader who has decades-old human rights concerns, all in the name of spurring American business. Trump declined to name the country.

Can Trump lament acrimony in Washington? Yes. But he also can elevate with seven-word sentence.

Watching clips of former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former acting Attorney General Sally Yates' recent Senate testimony, Trump compared to the longtime government officials to dogs.

"Watch them start to choke like dogs," Trump said after Sen. Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican, asked whether official asked for names of Trump or his associates be revealed in an intelligence report. "Watch what happens. They are desperate for breath."

"Ah, he's choking. Ah, look," Trump said after Clapper declined to provide names.

"So they surveilled me," he added. "You guys don't write that -- wiretapped in quotes. They surveilled me."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/tru...ream/index.html

What is the morale of the agency, and how will that affect what happens going forward?

Reports suggest that the Bureau has not taken Comey’s firing well: One agent told me that people have been “gobsmacked” by the news. This isn’t surprising, considering that Comey made it a point to foster a good relationship with his agency, personally visiting all 56 field offices—twice—after being appointed director. To be sure, Comey’s public commentary regarding the Clinton investigation had also led to some loss of morale, but that had less to do with lack of faith in Comey’s leadership and more to do with the public criticism that the FBI was acting with partisan motives. The FBI has traditionally been able to steer clear of political minefields even while investigating charged issues—think of the Kenneth Starr investigation under President Bill Clinton or the Valerie Plame leak under President George W. Bush (both cases, incidentally, in which neither president interfered)—so being caught in partisan cross hairs is not a space the Bureau is accustomed to occupying.

On this front, Comey realized that the FBI needed a public relations makeover. Prior to his firing, he had approved a new documentary TV series on the day-to-day work of the FBI, in order to assure the public that the Bureau is “not on anyone’s side.” Interestingly, the series focuses on the FBI’s traditional investigations into violent crime, harkening back to the J. Edgar Hoover days when popular depictions of “G-men” in comics and movies—often promoted by Hoover himself—glorified FBI agents as the ultimate good guys and bastions of justice. At this point, however, the FBI may not need the PR. It’s possible that the doubt cast on the FBI’s ability to conduct its Russia inquiry at all will in fact spur agents to double down on the investigation, restoring the public’s trust—but maybe not in the way Trump intended.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/201...answered-215127

Five Questions About the FBI/Russia Investigation Going Forward Answered

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/com...ders/index.html

President Donald Trump said Thursday that he feared his firing of FBI Director James Comey could confuse Americans, but went ahead with the plan anyway.

"When I did this now I said, I probably, maybe will confuse people," Trump told NBC News.

But he said he did it anyway "to do the right thing for the American people."

Trump said he wanted the FBI's investigation into Russia's election meddling to be "absolutely done properly."

He said Comey's firing might "lengthen out the investigation."

COULD TRUMP HAVE OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/opinions/tru...nion/index.html

If you read the law and compare it to the events unfolding, it seems the actions of Donald Trump and his administration meet some of the required criteria. Trump fired Comey amid a pending grand jury investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and the Russians. Witnesses had been subpoenaed to appear before that grand jury. Further, Trump was likely aware of the pending grand jury proceedings, since he was constantly obsessed with the Russian investigation, and, by firing Comey, attempted to disrupt and interfere with those proceedings. Ultimately, the fundamental issue is whether Trump fired Comey with a "corrupt" intent, meaning to obstruct or impede the federal grand jury investigation. If so, President Trump committed a federal crime.

Not to mention trying to contact Flynn (or contacting him) in the weeks since he was fired....and the three discussions with Comey (one at a private White House dinner) where he was supposedly told he wasn't a target of the investigation, which was the same conversation where Comey was laying out an argument for keeping his job. Conflict of interest, anyone?

Everything will come out in the next week or so, as Trump's story gets shot through with holes but nothing happens to him. Plus Spicer getting fired over the weekend will divert media attention for a day or two. Unfortunately, Huckabee's not handling things much better.

Then you have calls for Sessions to be fired and Spicer arguing about hiding "in" or "among/amongst/adjacent to" the bushes. PURE COMEDY GOLD.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
Sessions requesting prosecutors go for full maximum penalty on drug offenders. Fill those private prisons, fill those pockets

Modern legalized slavery.

Here's the NRO of all places with an editorial laying out how this works.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4437...abor-laws-wages

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2017 -> 11:50 PM)
Everywhere I look on twitter people are saying he basically admitted to obstruction of justice in his interview

Most scholarly sources are found right there.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 12, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
Odds seem pretty good that Trump has recordings of White House meetings. I appreciate that he's sticking to history in this replay of Nixon.

"He" better hope he "doesn't"

Did I do that right?

QUOTE (brett05 @ May 12, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
Most scholarly sources are found right there.

Yea, totally. Former FBI agents and prosecutors are just nobodies

You like watching your POS fall apart at the fat seams? You must be laughing up your sleeve at all of the fail

I'm embarrassed by what we've done in this country. I spent a lot of time around the trump base in rural Michigan and its incredible how different opinions are on whats going on. Lower income people should not be happy about what is transpiring, but because of guns and jesus its fine.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 12, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
Trump is now threatening Comey via Twitter

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/...007411132649473

Tdb9ljb.jpg

This is so asinine. If Comey told Trump what Trump claims (that Trump wasn't being investigated), Trump should want those tapes released.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero