President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

Dem Rep Moulton goes after everyone, lol...

Mouton had some choice words for President Trump’s approach to the war: “Trump literally has it exactly wrong. He totally doesn’t get the war. I mean, obviously, he’s taken five deferments himself. He’s not someone who was interested in serving. I don’t think he has much respect for veterans. But to the point on Iraq, what Iraq needs right now is diplomacy.”

Moulton also weighed in on the state of his party and criticized the Hillary Clinton’s strategy against President Trump. He told Couric, “I think that we’ve lost touch with the American people. And our ideas really aren’t resonating. You know — basically, in the presidential campaign, you had one person saying that real people are suffering. You had another person saying, ‘That guy’s nuts.’ And so you can understand why, at the end of the day, even if Trump’s solutions weren’t realistic, at least he acknowledged people’s problems and people’s struggles.”

He said the way forward must include new leadership in the party, especially the voices of those who have served in the military. “I think the American people are hungry for some new, forward-looking leadership. But I think we also have to look ourselves in the mirror as Democrats and say, ‘We’ve lost election after election. What we’re doing isn’t working.’ And that’s why I’m calling for a new generation of leaders in the Democratic Party.”

He continued, “A new generation, you know, the people who went to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan — to start leading, as opposed to those who sent us there. The people who understand the new economy and can talk about the future of work, not folks who were just at retirement age. We need to really reinvigorate the party leadership. And that’s what I’m trying to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/seth-moul...-141406621.html

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump White House threatening to not approve anything until Senate votes on healthcare again.

We've got to fund the federal government and raise the debt ceiling but the end of September which is a grand total of 18 remaining days of legislation I think. Reminder that Mulvaney is insane enough that he's okay with default.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/8916891...src=twsrc%5Etfw

What was your favorite moment of the Mooch era? Mine was that time when he sold his business and got divorced by his wife and promised to fire everyone for leaking. That was week one

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
What was your favorite moment of the Mooch era? Mine was that time when he sold his business and got divorced by his wife and promised to fire everyone for leaking. That was week one

The article.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
That was awesome.

I wonder what happened. He couldn't have lied on a form or anything. That is standard operation procedure for this administration.

My completely uneducated guess.

Trump said hed get rid of him in order to get Kelly to agree to be Chief of Staff.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
That was awesome.

I wonder what happened. He couldn't have lied on a form or anything. That is standard operation procedure for this administration.

What a horrible hire. Sad.

Probably was one of Kelly's conditions for taking CoS, and now he gets to come in on a narrative of being a moderating influence.

Scary thing is that we're pretty much left with the Bannon/white nationalist crew and the multiple ex-generals as the only influences on Trump.

Still going to laugh about Mooch blowing up his own life like a moron thoug

DGFZW30WsAAoFMa.jpg

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 02:33 PM)
Trump says there is no chaos. He's now the Iraqi Defense Minister.

Stable Administration

No White House Chaos

wait that was a typo, let me fix it

Stable Administration?

No, White House Chaos!

Trump welcomed Kelly to the job by arguing he "will go down in terms of the position of chief of staff one of the greatest ever." Kelly was sworn in 30 minutes before the meeting.

Unlike Trump's last Cabinet meeting, Trump did not have his secretaries go around the room and lavish praise on him on camera. But the optics of the meeting remained compelling.

The meeting was likely the first time Attorney General Jeff Sessions came face to face with Trump since the President lashed out at his top cop for recusing himself from the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election.

Sessions sat directly across from Trump during the meeting and said nothing during the portion of the meeting that the media attended. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Defense Secretary James Mattis sat next to the President.

Www.cnn.com

Edited by caulfield12

Congress sucks. So sick of f***ing Congress. Should be 1 term and done, two max. And in order to run for Congress you should have to be retired & have had a family and they all died. I know that's super morbid but then the lobbyists and world corps wouldn't be able to threaten their families to sway policy. But at the same time, the candidate having had a family, would know how hard it is to have a family and fight for all the families of America, with humility. No career to worry about. No bribes necessary, no threatening of loved ones because there aren't any alive.

Sick, yes. Morbid, sure. Pure though? Just maybe