President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 07:27 PM)
Trump predicts a tenfold increase in Guam tourism based in the NK threats.

He really did.

He also refuses to denounce white supremists. Can't humiliate his base.

I saw that about Guam. I thought that was odd. It did strangely make me feel better about no thermonuclear war, however. Trump must not think NK will strike Guam. I thought he did issue a statement against the violence in Virginia.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
I saw that about Guam. I thought that was odd. It did strangely make me feel better about no thermonuclear war, however. Trump must not think NK will strike Guam. I thought he did issue a statement against the violence in Virginia.

He did, but he didn't denounce the white supremacists. It was a generic statement. He treats them almost like Putin.

I cannot stand the person I'm taking this quote from but I will still give him the credit as first person I saw it from.

Donald Trump's entire plan for defeating ISIS was to call it out publicly.

He cannot do so with this group because this is his base. This is the Republican base.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Trump's extremely not specific statement working as intended

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/8...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Funny how he gets extremely specific when making statements about others. Always vague when it comes to white supremacists and Nazis. I'm sure that's not intentional.

At least three are dead right now....not sure which is more indicative of how far off the rails America has gone, this situation or North Korea?

You know it's bad when you are way to the right of Orrin Hatch...

Fellow Republicans slammed Trump's lack of directness and attempt to inject moral equivalence into the situation of chaos and terror.

"We should call evil by its name," tweeted Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch, the most senior Republican in the Senate. "My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home."

"Very important for the nation to hear @POTUS describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists," tweeted Sen. Marco Rubio, a competitor for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

"Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism," tweeted Sen. Cory Gardner, a Colorado Republican.

CNN.com

Edited by caulfield12

By late Saturday afternoon, a number of prominent Republican lawmakers including Sens. Cory Gardner, Orrin Hatch, Tim Scott, and Marco Rubio, along with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rogers had condemned the actions of the white supremacists in far stronger language than the president.

Gardner went as far as calling the incident “domestic terrorism.”

"Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists,” Gardner tweeted from his official account.

Rubio also wrote on Twitter that it was important “for the nation to @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists."

Trump’s response to the Charlottesville white nationalist demonstrations also showed the limits of Gen. John Kelly’s power as the newly-installed White House chief of staff. Kelly has spent the last two weeks trying to professionalize the decision-making process inside the White House, but he has been unable to steer Trump away from controversy, including his provocative statements on North Korea this week.

Politico.com

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 05:20 PM)
I cannot stand the person I'm taking this quote from but I will still give him the credit as first person I saw it from.

Donald Trump's entire plan for defeating ISIS was to call it out publicly.

He cannot do so with this group because this is his base. This is the Republican base.

"Many sides"

DHDcNP9XoAAbhTT.jpg

I honestly am embarrassed to say this but it shocked me that was his statement. I sat there looking at it in disbelief. Like he's such a bulls*** artist that has shown he doesn't think anything is more than a tv show, and yet I thought he would give us something normal here, when there was a death. But no. And I can't believe it and I can't believe I can't believe it.

I missed this earlier.

NBC News‏Verified account

@NBCNews

Follow

More

President Trump: "We must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history"

He didn't just whitewash this s*** with his "many sides," he literally took that Nazis' side with his "cherish our history."