President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does mean bleached because Hillary's team used BleachBit at some point to wipe her hard drives. He thinks that this free software is very expensive, and he also seems to think it means she literally bleached her emails somehow because he does not seem to grasp figurative language or metaphors in any way.

He also seems unaware that if he thinks there should be an investigation into Clinton or "Comey crimes" that he has to power to order one.

e: having the country run by a narcissist in the throes of dementia sure is a hell of an experiment

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 12:14 AM)
So stunned, in fact, that they hurriedly leaked Sessions' complicity in working with the Russians during the campaign to WaPo to give Trump the leeway to fire him.

This is truly getting out of control. If Trump fires Sessions, recess-appointment to a replacement who has pledged loyalty who immediately fires Mueller and the GOP doesn't boot his sorry ass out of office, they're all traitors in my eyes.

It'll be time to start getting prepared for the defense of this country.

The Republican party will step up to defend Donald Trump if that happens. They'll make some statements publicly about how terrible it is then get back to the real work of dismantling government and making sure health care goes to only the right people.

The newest and most expensive aircraft carrier ever built entered the U.S. Navy fleet Saturday, but almost three years behind schedule and billions of dollars over its estimated budget.

With Saturday's commissioning, the carrier will go back into testing and training, and isn't expected to be fully operational until 2020 at the earliest. The ship's catapult has yet to launch an actual aircraft at sea and the vessel has only had helicopters land on its deck.

Although it has yet to be put to the test, some already say the USS Gerald R. Ford is an example of the Navy's costly and risky bet on "immature" technology.

Experts say the Navy's decision to roll out some untested technologies in its next-generation classes of ships has been a costly lesson. For example, the new Ford aircraft carrier going into the Navy fleet cost nearly $13 billion, or around $2.4 billion above plan.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/22/ford-carrie...logy-costs.html

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 04:39 PM)
Lmao now Jill Stein is getting investigated by Mueller and spouting off "FAKE NEWS"

Jesse Ventura getting his own show on RT.

Spoiler. She is awful.

I really wish a third party would emerge. Any time they do they put up an asshole for president. Run on a mixture of right and left. Call it centrist or something. You'll get votes. Lots of Americans are socially liberal but economically conservative.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 06:07 PM)
Spoiler. She is awful.

I really wish a third party would emerge. Any time they do they put up an asshole for president. Run on a mixture of right and left. Call it centrist or something. You'll get votes. Lots of Americans are socially liberal but economically conservative.

So, the libertarian party?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
Come on GOP just push reset and get this idiots out. GOP policies aren't as awful as him and his cronies. Just do it.

He ran on the platform they've been pushing for a decade, just saying it without the whole "don't be blatantly racist, just casually" filter.

While Trump obviously has a bunch of personal insanity swirling around him, most of the appointments he's made the policies he's signaled support for are the same stuff we could have expected from a McCain or Romney or Jeb presidency. Trump is doing a lot of damage to institutions and norms, but policy-wise, he's little different from the rest of the GOP.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Exactly. I want moderates. Social liberals but have money and want tax breaks. Don't care about speaking in tongues

You can't be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They are mutually exclusive, unless you just don't care about the National Debt. For example, How are you going to pay for those social programs to help the needy/poor get on their feet if you are giving tax breaks to corporations and the wealthiest individuals? Those corporations and wealthy people have more $ than the rest of the population combined. You have to tax where the money is, not where it isn't.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 10:18 PM)
You can't be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They are mutually exclusive, unless you just don't care about the National Debt. For example, How are you going to pay for those social programs to help the needy/poor get on their feet if you are giving tax breaks to corporations and the wealthiest individuals? Those corporations and wealthy people have more $ than the rest of the population combined. You have to tax where the money is, not where it isn't.

I disagree. You can be for government assistance, personal freedoms and still want conservative financial philosophies. Not far right ideas. But more towards the center. I don't understand why a conservative has to be against social liberties.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
I disagree. You can be for government assistance, personal freedoms and still want conservative financial philosophies. Not far right ideas. But more towards the center. I don't understand why a conservative has to be against social liberties.

This article is more crass than I'd like, but

https://qz.com/936052/you-cant-be-socially-...y-conservative/

These initiatives either cost taxpayer money, require governmentally enforced regulation, or both. If you believe in smaller government and want to pay less in taxes, how do you propose social progress be made? Because if there’s no social progress funding, there’s no social progress. Passive support is no support at all.

I just think we all need to pray that the US always remains in charge so we can always print the money. That's the only way the assistance programs don't end up killing our very way of life. Isn't it really that simple?

IF it is that simple, you'd think the liberal people would want the biggest mightiest military with shark lasers to protect the off-the-rails spending. But that goes against peace and love and globalism. Tough situation, stuck in a bit of hypocrisy. Fortunatley for them, that issue isn't in the public realm...yet.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 01:05 AM)
I just think we all need to pray that the US always remains in charge so we can always print the money. That's the only way the assistance programs don't end up killing our very way of life. Isn't it really that simple?

IF it is that simple, you'd think the liberal people would want the biggest mightiest military with shark lasers to protect the off-the-rails spending. But that goes against peace and love and globalism. Tough situation, stuck in a bit of hypocrisy. Fortunatley for them, that issue isn't in the public realm...yet.

Brah, if you think assistance programs are dragging down the nation, I have some beachfront property to sell you in North Dakota.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 01:05 AM)

What's clearing dragging down America is making the filthy rich pay taxes, and making sure the poor have health care. The best way to build up the middle class and lower class is instead of giving them breaks directly, give them to the rich so they can pass them down. It works really well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
What's clearing dragging down America is making the filthy rich pay taxes, and making sure the poor have health care. The best way to build up the middle class and lower class is instead of giving them breaks directly, give them to the rich so they can pass them down. It works really well.

30+ years later, people are still waiting on the trickle down. The policy would work if the government forced those tax breaks to be used for business investments or increasing salaries/benefits.

Trump now referring to Sessions as "beleaguered". Can't understand why he isn't going after Hillary. He does realize he was the one who hired him, I would think. What happened to all the dogs Trump promised to put on crooked Hillary after he won the election?

For a guy so concerned with "fake news", it's actually been his specialty for over 30 years.

Why not fire Sessions? I don't think democrats would make a stink this time.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)
Trump now referring to Sessions as "beleaguered". Can't understand why he isn't going after Hillary. He does realize he was the one who hired him, I would think. What happened to all the dogs Trump promised to put on crooked Hillary after he won the election?

For a guy so concerned with "fake news", it's actually been his specialty for over 30 years.

Why not fire Sessions? I don't think democrats would make a stink this time.

If he is firing people because they aren't opening up flimsy investigations into his opponents than it's still a problem, even if Sessions is a terrible AG.