President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
Feel free to pile on greg, but at least I'm honest. I kind of like the fact Trump is standing up for "Merry Christmas." Now I do think there was no reason to say it this early. I mean typical motormouth Trump as it's not even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet, but yes I hate parts of the PC culture. Now I do recognize there are other religions and I applaud and also wish them well on their celebration days, though Hanukkah doesn't receive much mainstream publicity so sometimes it's here without me realizing it. My bad I know.

I also laughed at SNL ripping Trump for his Merry Christmas proclamation saying they didn't see it as much of a problem as many people who are not Christian do wish Christians a Merry Christmas oftentimes.

My point is, though the timing was weird, I do like the fact Trump said there would be a verbal assault on those organizations who prevent employees from saying Merry Christmas. Like I said, flame away on Greg. I've been blasted to my face before for my position on this. I am not intolerant of other religions. Far from it. I love all religions that do not endorse violence or satanic ritual, etc.

Of course you like it. Trump is creating a myth to help him out.

That being said, its best when our govt stays completely out of religion. You or your company wants to wish people Merry Christmas, have at it. You or your company wants to say "Happy Holidays", good for you. Your company wants to say "All of this is completely made up s*** but Ill gladly take some presents and a day off", be my guest.

There is irony in a country that is found by protestants escaping religions now getting upset that their "majority" isnt being properly recognized. Almost like they forgot where they came from.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
Who exactly is preventing people from saying Merry Christmas?

I'll have to do a google but remember when airlines wouldn't allow their employees to say it, just Happy Holidays? Plus some stores, I'm assuming Wal Mart, Target types. Some media companies could only put "Happy Holidays" on their Websites as company policy. Who else? Pretty much any employee could not wish a customer a Merry Christmas. I think we discussed this on here years ago where I was in the minority position getting fried for getting upset about the issue.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
I'll have to do a google but remember when airlines wouldn't allow their employees to say it, just Happy Holidays? Plus some stores, I'm assuming Wal Mart, Target types. Some media companies could only put "Happy Holidays" on their Websites as company policy. Who else? Pretty much any employee could not wish a customer a Merry Christmas. I think we discussed this on here years ago where I was in the minority position getting fried for getting upset about the issue.

It's obvious what type of people he's trying to distract by bringing up crap like this. Shows me something that this is the first thing you bring up in this thread, in quite some time, even though millions of Puerto Ricans are without power and clean water, 600 people were shot in the middle of a major American city, and he's boastfully destroying health care.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 03:47 PM)
Who exactly is preventing people from saying Merry Christmas?

Im going to guess he is preemptively getting into a fight with large american corporations who he is going to call "Anti-American" such as Starbucks and other companies that he perceives to be a threat to his policies.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)

Serious question:

Why do you think its okay for the President to do this?

Would you be okay if the President tried to force companies to follow Sharia law?

These are businesses, they should be able to do whatever they want. Its their money.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
It's obvious what type of people he's trying to distract by bringing up crap like this. Shows me something that this is the first thing you bring up in this thread, in quite some time, even though millions of Puerto Ricans are without power and clean water, 600 people were shot in the middle of a major American city, and he's boastfully destroying health care.

Not trying to defend Greg extensively, but remember I did see it on SNL as an effective joke and you all know I do like SNL and tend to remember stuff on there like "David S. Pumpkins." You know my brain works differently and I did laugh at Chen's joke on SNL ripping Trump hence it's on my mind.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
Serious question:

Why do you think its okay for the President to do this?

Would you be okay if the President tried to force companies to follow Sharia law?

These are businesses, they should be able to do whatever they want. Its their money.

Tell you the truth, I didn't know what he said he was gonna do, just saw the clip where he said he will blast people who don't allow "Merry Christmas." I actually only saw the SNL skit clip of Trump so far, nothing else. I did hear about it though before SNL.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
1. The closest thing I can find to that is American Airlines actually kicking someone off the plane because the passenger was wished a "Merry Christmas" BY American Airlines, and he took offense to it.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/25/plane-passeng...erry-christmas/

Then, you go on to say "I assume" when talking about Wal Mart, Target. No facts included.

SHOCKINGLY, someone at the forefront of the made up Merry Christmas debate? Our old pal Newt.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/st...al-allowed-say/

This is EXACTLY the purpose of why Trump is bringing all this up. You are legitimately the perfect example. It's something that resonates with you, even though it's not really happening, you're spending time thinking about it and discussing it, instead of the 19 other things Trump and Co. don't want you focusing on.

Not a bad post. I admit wild things intrigue me. I am sad about Puerto Rico of course. Very sad.

Alrighty then:

“The country wasn’t based on executive orders,” said Trump at a town hall in South Carolina in February 2016. “Right now, Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can’t even get along with the Democrats, and he goes around signing all these executive orders. It’s a basic disaster. You can’t do it.”

I wonder what happened to the greatest deal maker who ever lived.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 16, 2017 -> 11:28 PM)
Alrighty then:

“The country wasn’t based on executive orders,” said Trump at a town hall in South Carolina in February 2016. “Right now, Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can’t even get along with the Democrats, and he goes around signing all these executive orders. It’s a basic disaster. You can’t do it.”

I wonder what happened to the greatest deal maker who ever lived.

I hate to keep repeating myself but this is a classic example of a rich guy who has faced no opposing viewpoints with the yes men and women he's surrounded himself with the last 25 years maybe longer. He says whatever he wants and lies at will, like dare I say most exceedingly rich people do as well.

Do a personality profile on him and it comes out rich bastard who cares only about himself (and his family members of course, but a notch below how much he cares for himself). He doesn't even remember what he says years ago because he says so much and gets so many nods, "yes sir you are correct sir" that he cant keep anything straight.

He's not a good guy, folks. Now you know why I didn't vote for the conventional candidates. I knew Trump was a phony but ... well I won't go there again.

During the campaign he moaned about the Christmas tree in DC being called the holiday tree. Laura bush had it called the holiday tree for a couple years but it had been back to a,Christmas tree for several years. Just more BS he keeps repeating people start believing. Its almost cult like.

So the Liar in Chief says other Presidents didn't call families of soldiers killed in battle, but he not only calls them, he writes them letters. When pressed he says that is what his generals told him. BTW, he hasn't had time yet to call the families of the soldiers killed in Niger. He has written the letters, but hasn't had time to send them yet. But he has been able to get 5 rounds in since the ambush.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 08:12 AM)
Rep Tom Marino withdraws from consideration as Drug Czar after it’s revealed that he pushed for the bill that flooded communities with opiates

He's a fine man. He's not like those animals who were protesting Nazis.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 06:05 AM)
So the Liar in Chief says other Presidents didn't call families of soldiers killed in battle, but he not only calls them, he writes them letters. When pressed he says that is what his generals told him. BTW, he hasn't had time yet to call the families of the soldiers killed in Niger. He has written the letters, but hasn't had time to send them yet. But he has been able to get 5 rounds in since the ambush.

I wish a reporter would have asked him to name at least one of the soldiers he wrote a letter to.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 06:40 AM)
Trump, the only President to ever call the family of a dead soldier, to widow: "he knew what he was signing up for."

I wonder why he doesn't brag that Obama never tried to belittle a Gold Star family.

It is amazing how many people who seem sane otherwise, just let all his crap go because of the R after his name.

Trump disputes account of his call with soldier’s widow. But congresswoman who heard exchange says it was ‘horrible.’

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

“She was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’”

Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."

Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she was in the car during the call from the White House and that "President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband."