President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 07:44 AM)
Every morning Trump live tweets Fox and Friends. That’s the type of guy we have running our country.

this guy had a twitter thread yesterday showing how Trump's rants matched up perfectly with whatever Fox and Friends was talking about.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/920628294340501507

e: and more today https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/920989243639566336

really great that Fox and Friends, a show that's remarkably vapid and stupid even by Fox News standards, is dictating the President's agenda.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
“26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

-Trump

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...907383771148288

Can’t wait to hear the spin on this.

(It is from 2013, but was retweeted today by someone I follow)

Well

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump

More

Many people have said I’m the world’s greatest writer of 140 character sentences

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)
Also the WH says John Kelly hates how his son's death has been politicized. I think they are forgetting who politicized it.

If John Kelly wasn't ok with Donald Trump politicizing his death he would have resigned. He's ok with that.

He also wouldn't have mentioned in the first place. Of course Trump was going to repeat a thing that kinda sorta (but not really) vindicated him while simultaneously making Obama look bad. Either Kelly knew that and is lying now or he's the most naive man in the world.

While Obama didn't actually call Kelly, he did call Kelly's son's spouse, which is the normal thing to do. He also invited the Kellys to a Gold Star family reception and offered his condolences in person. So the whole story, front to back, is bulls*** and it seems like Kelly is more than happy to politicize his son's death himself.

I think we should stop talking about calling the deceased soldiers spouses. Lets be honest, nobody wants him to do that. We pressured him into it, and he f***ed it up completely. It wont get better. He is a moron, he has zero empathy, he offered money because thats all he knows and then he didnt send the money because thats all he knows(and only sent it when it became public).

its ridiculous anymore. I wouldnt want him calling my sister in law if my brother was KIA.

Some more of that great pro-LGBT stuff from the Trump Administration

Hear Trump’s judge pick admit he discriminates against gay people

President Donald Trump’s nominee to become a district judge in Texas admitted that he discriminates based on sexual orientation. But he didn’t think that should prevent him from serving on the federal bench.

“Guess what? I attend a conservative Baptist church. We discriminate, alright. On the basis of sexual orientation, we discriminate,” Jeff Mateer said during a speech to the National Religious Liberties Conference in 2015, long before Trump nominated him. At the time, Mateer was general counsel for the conservative legal organization First Liberty Institute. “Does that mean I can’t be a judge? In some states, I think that’s true, unfortunately.”

That remark is just one of many that Mateer — who’s currently the first assistant attorney general in Austin, Texas — made during a pair of speeches at the conference. In them, Mateer provided a roadmap for businesses to discriminate against LGBTQ people without legal repercussions.

In the two speeches — titled “Seven Things Every Christian Employee Should Know” and “Are You Ready? Protecting Your Church or 501©(3) Ministry” — Mateer also said the Constitution doesn’t mandate the separation of church and state and that diversity training “brainwashes” people into accepting the LGBTQ lifestyle.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
I think we should stop talking about calling the deceased soldiers spouses. Lets be honest, nobody wants him to do that. We pressured him into it, and he f***ed it up completely. It wont get better. He is a moron, he has zero empathy, he offered money because thats all he knows and then he didnt send the money because thats all he knows(and only sent it when it became public).

its ridiculous anymore. I wouldnt want him calling my sister in law if my brother was KIA.

would be a good chance to ask about the piss tape imo

I disagree that we should just accept and normalize his behavior, though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
would be a good chance to ask about the piss tape imo

If you have a relative who was just killed in combat and you're just gotten home from a funeral...you're not going to ask about this. No one would.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)

This falls into the category of "The United States needs, somehow, to have a functioning government" regardless of who is in charge. It's not my business to declare or judge what these folks need to heal and if hearing from the President would help some of them then they should be able to receive that. If we can't get this basic service done - hell just hire someone to bring letters into the office and tell him to sign them, then we do not have a functioning government.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)
oh jeez okay thanks wow what a boneheaded 100% serious suggestion that was

I probably figured that, but frankly, this isn't funny and shouldn't be. I can't directly lecture the guy who hasn't figured out basic common courtesy with people whose relatives have just been killed, but we can be better than that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
This falls into the category of "The United States needs, somehow, to have a functioning government" regardless of who is in charge. It's not my business to declare or judge what these folks need to heal and if hearing from the President would help some of them then they should be able to receive that. If we can't get this basic service done - hell just hire someone to bring letters into the office and tell him to sign them, then we do not have a functioning government.

I totally agree with this, and it is apparent that trump is incapable of any of the ceremonious parts of the job(much less most of the governing parts).

I want him out(duh), but I’m not gonna try and force him to do these things because it is expected of him. We know he is

a callous narcissistic fool that will not do it correctly and will make it about himself the first chance he gets.

Strangesox, it isn’t normalizing any behavior. This is who he is. He isn’t going to conform to what we want him to do.

Everything that's been reported about deaths in Puerto Rico is at odds with the official count

We took a look at the numbers, and they didn’t add up.

LEAKED MEMO REVEALS WHITE HOUSE WISH LIST

But an internal White House document, obtained exclusively by Crooked Media, suggests that the reach of Islamophobia among Trump administration aides and advisers stretches far beyond the four corners of the travel ban, into the budget-writing process, where the White House’s full agenda comes together. The document also reflects the extent to which the White House policymaking process, conducted in the shadow of the media circus around Trump himself—from family planning to federal hiring to nutritional assistance—is defined by ideological extremism, and tempered by incompetence.

Policymakers in Trump’s White House argue that the U.S. should refrain from influencing curricula and “other touchier-feelier programs” at foreign institutions that receive federal funds to educate young girls—except in “muslim countries, where we need to do a check of the curricula at the schools we’re supporting to weed out jihadism.”

These same officials are convinced that the World Health Organization is a “corrupt, hostile bureaucracy that achieves no actual [public health] capacity in countries.”

And they hope to halve federal funding for Title X, the grant program that provides family planning and prevention services to the poor, and divert the money into programs to promote “fertility awareness” methods of birth control—popular among socially conservative contraception foes—which fail annually for a quarter of couples.

“This document reveals yet again that the Trump White House has clear policy objectives of imposing an unconstitutional religious test to explicitly discriminate against Muslims,” said ACLU’s national political director Faiz Shakir. “As the Trump administration tries to convince the public and the courts that they don’t actually govern based on deep anti-Muslim animus, this revelation provides further evidence that what’s really going on is they’re just trying to hide and mask an inconvenient truth.”

“Even under a charitable read of harried officials moving fast, and leaving aside the ideological extremism revealed in so many of the policy priorities, what the document really shows is an alarming repudiation of evidence-based policymaking,” says a former OMB official. “Just bald assertion after bald assertion with no real data to back anything up. This simply would not have passed muster in the Obama White House.”

According to the document, the DPC proposes to cut $300 billion from federal compensation over 10 years, in part by phasing out pension and retiree health benefits, and reducing paid leave. The document also forecasts a federal pay freeze for calendar year 2019—a rare step President Trump could take unilaterally.

After acknowledging receipt of a request for comment Wednesday afternoon, the White House went dark, and has not responded to multiple followup emails, including a list of specific questions about the document, and an opportunity to confirm or deny its authenticity.

The administration’s legal arguments in support of the travel ban rest on the claim that courts should apply a “presumption of regularity,” under which Trump’s motives, as inferred from his public comments about Muslims, are irrelevant to the legal merits of the ban, because officials serving under him are presumed to act legally. Their animus should not, in other words, be inferred from the president’s.

Though the DPC’s requests have no direct bearing on the travel ban, they could nevertheless factor in to judges’ thinking about whether administration officials deserve the benefit of the doubt when questions of racial animus arise.

“If you were bringing a racial discrimination case against a local government, and you challenged a particular policy as racially discriminatory, the most compelling evidence is going to be evidence that specifically relates to the policy,” Gupta added, by way of analogy. “But the fact that a particular policymaker or particular policymaking body has done things motivated by racism in the same time period is also relevant. This evidence could be used to pierce the presumption of regularity around White House policymaking and executive policymaking more generally.”

totally agree with this, and it is apparent that trump is incapable of any of the ceremonious parts of the job(much less most of the governing parts).

I want him out(duh), but I’m not gonna try and force him to do these things because it is expected of him. We know he is

a callous narcissistic fool that will not do it correctly and will make it about himself the first chance he gets.

Strangesox, it isn’t normalizing any behavior. This is who he is. He isn’t going to conform to what we want him to do.

Kelly seems to have thought along the same line:

also seems to basically have confirmed that Trump said what the soldier's family and the congresswoman said he said

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
I hate Trump, but is Dotard really necessary? Not too mention super hypocritical.

No, it is not necessary, but it is how he is viewed by the leader of another country. Feel free to edit, delete, or whatever is appropriate.