President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
Private prisons, prison guard unions, pharmaceutical companies, evangelical baby boomers, etc.

On that note, there are some pretty terrifying quotes in this article about why an Indiana county ended a needle exchange program because the Bible.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/201...needle-exchange

Also, Rabbit, I like when we agree on stuff!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every state is investigating pharma companies over the opiod crisis. The allegations are that they deliberate misled doctors and patients on the strength and the addictive nature of the drugs. The crisis has mainly been driven by people going to doctors with legitimate pain medication and then it spiraling out of control from there.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 10:25 AM)
It makes this better for me too man hah.

I cannot stand when religion is involved in government. I am for less government in 95% of cases but when it comes to needles and birth control my utopia is a world where you can walk to your local government building and get as many of each as you want for free.

Yeah, drug policy and birth control are two of my major, major pet peeves because all non-Bible based evidence supports greater access to clean needles and birth control being a net positive for society. Jeff Sessions strenuously disagrees with both of those statements, sadly...

I have no idea why you're offended but okay. I saw that story, though "oh rabbit mentioned that earlier" and posted it. You seemed to be saying that you don't like the private prison lobby's influence on government policy, so this was just calling your attention to an example of it.

edit: I do not like Donald John Trump no sir

Edited by StrangeSox

Trump still hasn't implemented the Russian sanctions bill he was essentially forced to sign earlier this year, and now Tillerson has eliminated the sanctions office at State.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/26/state-...nctions-office/

They're doing enormous amounts of damage to the US's diplomatic power both through tearing up every international agreement Trump decides he doesn't like and through dismantling the State Department. The US is going to have significantly reduced soft power going forward.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
The crazy alt right media pundits are losing their minds. Hannity cannot take it.

I'm amazed that all the talk show guys on radio seem to be far right. Limbaugh, Hannity, that guy Joe Pags. All Trump love all the time. TV is a bit different starting with the View. Almost all TV analysts are Trump hating people on the left now that O'Reilly is off the air.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm amazed that all the talk show guys on radio seem to be far right. Limbaugh, Hannity, that guy Joe Pags. All Trump love all the time. TV is a bit different starting with the View. Almost all TV analysts are Trump hating people on the left now that O'Reilly is off the air.

Fox News loves him. All of them except Wallace

It's commonly agreed Trump's campaign had nothing to do with colluding with Russia. Now, perhaps they should go after crooked Hillary's campaign chief's brother, you know she had to know what he was up to, even though perhaps the greatest mind of the past 10 generations had no clue what his campaign manager was up to. It's like health care being complicated. Who knew?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)

1) The entirety of Fox News is heavily pro-Trump

2) Check out Sinclair broadcasting. They're in the process of buying Tribune Media, and when they do, they'll be in 72% of homes nationwide via your local news channel. WGN will be a part of this. They force local broadcasters to run conservative propaganda pieces.

Apparently that's a pretty generic term. Any sort of criminal conspiracy in a federal charge is a "conspiracy against the US," i.e. "The People of the United States vs. Paul Manafort" is crimes 'against the US'.

Manafort's had ties to Trump for a while, though. Even owns a condo in Trump Tower. And the other guy charged, Richard Gates, stayed on with the RNC and as part of the Trump administration.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
So at this point Trump either going to have to claim he is ignorant of everything like Hillary always claims to be, or they are going to have to claim that wasn't really a crime, even tough the AG is indicting for it. Awesome.

this is their defense so far:

"This guy was a s***bag before he ran our campaign and he's a s***bag afterwards, nothing to do with us!" Problem being that it looks an awful lot like the guy who ran Trump's campaign for free was on someone's payroll.