President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
There is a new report that later the same day Trump boasted about calling all the Gold Star families, and other Presidents did not, his staff contacted the Pentagon to get the names and family member numbers of those killed so he could contact some more that he had apparently "missed."

They know he lies and lies and lies, but do nothing about it, but spin it, or act like it doesn't happen. I hope they all eventually pay for their actions or non actions.

They won't. If we survive this nightmare, they will all become TV contributors for their "political insight" or become Harvard fellows I guess.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
They won't. If we survive this nightmare, they will all become TV contributors for their "political insight" or become Harvard fellows I guess.

Former GOP Speaker of the House and child rapist Dennis Hastert still gets to write opinion pieces for Newsweek.

Nobody will suffer any consequences. Trump will be given the Reagan treatment by the GOP base. In 8-12 years, his image will be "rehabilitated" just like we're seeing with Bush. Heck, like you pointed out, Spicer's already been embraced by the media and elite academic institutions for his role in this administration.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)
Can I suggest you look it up? Going to be honest, it’s the main reason you seem to come under attack on this part of the board.

You say so many here engage in “group think” and you are only interested in posting links that are of interest to you or not being discussed. Maybe it’s “group think” because more people want to talk about General Kelly getting caught up in a fairly blatant lie, the media calling him out on it, then the White House calling the media “Highly Innaproproate”. Or the events surrounding Niger.

I’m only speaking for myself, but that is more interesting to me than SNL calling Trump a cracker.

Not trying to be a dick, either. 100% sincere in that.

He can't accuse Greg of engaging in "group think." Say what you want about me, I speak my mind and my opinions differ from many.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
He can't accuse Greg of engaging in "group think." Say what you want about me, I speak my mind and my opinions differ from many.

Your opinions generally come from whatever radio show you heard that day from what I gather.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 05:28 PM)
How can anyone read excerpts from this softball Trump interview and not want to cry themselves to sleep? I swear, we could replace him with the mentally ill homeless guy at the intersection I cross on my way to work and no one could tell the difference.

Every interview of his for years has been the same.

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
Bill Browder's visa was revoked by the US State Department.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Russia, the Magnitsky Act, or Browder's expertise on Russian corruption.

Restored today

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
There is a new report that later the same day Trump boasted about calling all the Gold Star families, and other Presidents did not, his staff contacted the Pentagon to get the names and family member numbers of those killed so he could contact some more that he had apparently "missed."

They know he lies and lies and lies, but do nothing about it, but spin it, or act like it doesn't happen. I hope they all eventually pay for their actions or non actions.

Washington DC, the city with no consequences, otherwise most of the Obama administration would be in jail. I guess you could say the same thing about Chicago and Cook County.

Whitefish, one of America’s smallest electric companies, landed Puerto Rico’s biggest contract to get power back on.

This two-person company just got a $300M contract to restore power in Puerto Rico. They just happen to know Sec. of Interior Zinke pretty well and are from his hometown. They're charging $300+ per hour for linemen where other utilities were offering them in mutual aid.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 09:02 AM)
Congrats to WaPo for shaming Trump into fulfilling his promise of sending that gold star family the $25k check. They just received it, and, shockingly, it's dated the day the WaPo story was published.

https://twitter.com/KaplanABC11/status/922603452487946241

What a coincidence. His legal counsel was finally able to approve it on the same day the story came out.

It's amazing what all these fake news outlets are getting this adminstration to do. Write checks, edit security clearance forms...all over fake news.

Edited by Dick Allen

Pretty laughable that months ago we were expected to trust Trump not to lie “more than the average Yahoo messageboard poster/commenter.”

Making fun of someone’s height (same with Rubio), having a makeover (Scarborough’s wife), having a disability (reporter), Lyin’ Ted Cruz, Megyn Kelly (blood was coming out of her....), Crooked Hillary, Miss Universe’s weight, Low Energy Jeb....bully bully bully, and it keeps taking the attention away from Russia, tax returns, Mueller, Jared and Donald Jr., now the dispute over the phone call to Sgt. Johnson’s wife.

Wow...making the L in liddle’ smaller case shows impressive IQ. When’s that competition with Rex Tillerson again?

Why an ‘ after it, though?

the entire World WAS laughing and taking advantage of us. People like liddle' Bob Corker have set the U.S. way back. Now we move forward!

Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

10m

Sen. Corker is the incompetent head of the Foreign Relations Committee, & look how poorly the U.S. has done. He doesn't have a clue as.....

Edited by caulfield12

Paul Ryan basically telling everyone to ignore Trump's Twitter.

This would be really fun to watch if innocent people weren't going to be collaterally damaged by it all.

As soon as the rich get more money they will never spend, guaranteeing the republicans their donations for life,and they appease the middle class with their extra $600 a year to buy a car or remodel their kitchen, Trump's incompetence is going to be attacked from all sides.

Meanwhile, bump stock bans? Maybe after tax cuts.

Edited by Dick Allen

Jeff Flake taking to the floor of the Senate to denounce Trump and what he represents and denounce the complicity of "all of us" in his behavior, but especially his fellow Republicans, for abandoning their principles.

He's also announced that he won't be seeking re-election.

You can watch the whole speech here starting at about 49 minutes.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?436237-2/ariz...mp;live&vod

Full transcript here:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/jef...text/index.html

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
McCain who has nothing to lose, Corker who is retiring and Flake who is retiring all bashing Trump.

I really wonder if he really has more than 10% actual support in the republican party if honesty actually ever meant anything.

It sure looks to me like the Republican party is basically purging itself of anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly endorse Trumpism in word, thought, and deed. Just voting with them isn't enough.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
It sure looks to me like the Republican party is basically purging itself of anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly endorse Trumpism in word, thought, and deed. Just voting with them isn't enough.

Its going to hurt the republican party in the long run to just blindly support a subset of their base. I think Flake made some really great points. Conservatives dont represent whats going on with Trumpers. And at some point there has to be a decision on which way you want to go, all the way to the extreme or back towards the middle.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)

I probably should have clarified I meant current republican politicians. I think most of them have the same thoughts these 3 have, but are afraid of what they may lose if they say. There are obviously a few screwballs that bow to his every word,but the juvenile way he works can't go on. At some point more will break. They have to. It isn't like he is suddenly going to behave like an adult. And if they get their tax cuts, Trump will take full credit like he is the stock market.

I honestly think that Trump in the long run will do more damage to the GOP than anyone can imagine right now. His behavior is just not sustainable. At some point the vast majority will reject Trumpism, it is already opposed by the majority of Americans.

Either that or this country is truly dumber than we think and it's on full on decline.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/fus...aign/index.html

Clinton Campaign, DNC paid helped fund (Trump) Dossier Research

Meeting with Russians, telling the Russians to hack Hillary's emails...fine. Hiring a British spy to get some goods in Trump...horrible,

FYI, fake news CNN mentioned Hillary's campaign was linked to this months ago.

This Trump as the victim card you keep playing is really sickening.

Edited by Dick Allen