President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's actions are beginning to have global consequences

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/opinions/tru...nion/index.html

Donald Trump may not have created this mess, but his recent pronouncements on the Iran deal appear to lack the leadership skills that would be expected of a US president.

Indeed, Trump seems to be the only person unable to comprehend the ripple effect of his actions.

Trump's sabre rattling on Iran and North Korea isn't just ensuring that citizens of those countries get in line behind their regimes, but it also exposes the paucity of his policies to a global audience.

All of the other signatories to the deal -- Russia, China, Germany, France and the UK as well as the EU -- urged against doing what he did and risk triggering...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
What's wrong with dotard? The definition is an old person who has become weak and senile. That pretty much perfectly describes Trump.

I thought it was used as a combination of his name and a derogatory word, similar to libtard.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
I thought it was used as a combination of his name and a derogatory word, similar to libtard.

dotard

[doh-terd]

noun

a person, especially an old person, exhibiting a decline in mental faculties; a weak-minded or foolish old person.

From dictionary.com

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
dotard

[doh-terd]

noun

a person, especially an old person, exhibiting a decline in mental faculties; a weak-minded or foolish old person.

From dictionary.com

Yea, I looked it up, that doesn't mean it doesn't have an innuendo.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 12:03 PM)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/gold-sta...in-afghanistan/

Gold Star Widow of dead soldier releases video of her conversation with Trump. It seems like she is a black woman. I know people were saying Trump didn't call black families specifically. How amazing she is able to keep her composure though. Mother of 5. Seems like a tough lady.

Since you brought up you believe she was a black woman, she is. Her husband was white.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
By this administration getting caught up in lies on a daily basis?

You shouldn’t be that shocked anymore. It’s almost been a whole year.

He's shocked that CNN would be so biased as to call Chief of Staff Kelly's statement false just because it has been contradicted by actual video of the event in question. When General Kelly says something happened that is contradicted by video of the event, it is not fair to believe the video.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)
I have no idea what you're even talking about. I didn't say anything about CNN and don't know the event you're even talking about.

Your post didn't quote anything and contained no contextual clues, so people assumed it was about the post immediately above it.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
You say so many here engage in “group think” and you are only interested in posting links that are of interest to you or not being discussed. Maybe it’s “group think” because more people want to talk about General Kelly getting caught up in a fairly blatant lie, the media calling him out on it, then the White House calling the media “Highly Innaproproate”. Or the events surrounding Niger.

Listen, buddy, the White House made it very clear today that you can never question somebody who is a four star general, or used to be one anyway, even if they're blatantly lying. And I promise you there's not multiple Trump tweets doing exactly that in the past, either, because this White House would never just straight-up lie constantly.

More seriously, I hope Kelly thinks it was worth it to drag his son's memory through the mud to defend Donald J. Trump. And they've now moved on to blaming the family of a fallen soldier for being offended by Trump's words.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
Listen, buddy, the White House made it very clear today that you can never question somebody who is a four star general, or used to be one anyway, even if they're blatantly lying. And I promise you there's not multiple Trump tweets doing exactly that in the past, either, because this White House would never just straight-up lie constantly.

More seriously, I hope Kelly thinks it was worth it to drag his son's memory through the mud to defend Donald J. Trump. And they've now moved on to blaming the family of a fallen soldier for being offended by Trump's words.

They dug up a few old tweets of Trumpripping 4 star Generals.

463.jpg

there is always a Trump tweet for whatever is happening today. someone could probably come up with a slick algorithm to predict the future based solely on Trump's past tweets

Meanwhile, Many Trump voters who got hurricane relief in Texas aren’t sure Puerto Ricans should

probably just economic anxiety

Edited by StrangeSox

There is a new report that later the same day Trump boasted about calling all the Gold Star families, and other Presidents did not, his staff contacted the Pentagon to get the names and family member numbers of those killed so he could contact some more that he had apparently "missed."

They know he lies and lies and lies, but do nothing about it, but spin it, or act like it doesn't happen. I hope they all eventually pay for their actions or non actions.