Yordano Ventura, Andy Marte both killed in separate car accidents

bmags

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP and condolences to all friends and family of both players.

No amount of money can help a person make a rational decision under the influence of alcohol. It is up to the individual to make the right choices in life. Money from the MLB would not have prevented Marte from driving too fast or Ventura from drinking then driving. In the end it was poor decision making by these men that led to their deaths. The best people can hope for is that others will learn from the mistakes of Marte, Ventura and Fernandez to help prevent things like this from happening in the future.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
RIP and condolences to all friends and family of both players.

No amount of money can help a person make a rational decision under the influence of alcohol. It is up to the individual to make the right choices in life. Money from the MLB would not have prevented Marte from driving too fast or Ventura from drinking then driving. In the end it was poor decision making by these men that led to their deaths. The best people can hope for is that others will learn from the mistakes of Marte, Ventura and Fernandez to help prevent things like this from happening in the future.

Yes. The best they can do is try to educate them and let them live their lives and hopefully learn from others mistakes. forcing more rules and regulations is rarely the right answer.

I don't know how much the alcohol played into this accident but I did notice that there was a semi upside down on the other side of the road.

Please everyone, use extra caution around semis which pose all kinds of risks, especially on roads like I-80, 294, 55, 94, and the other highways around Chi-town. . Yesterday I almost got smashed by a 40,000 roll of steel that popped loose on a flat bed semi right in front of me. And if you want to go out and have a few, enlist a designated driver or call Uber or a Taxi. You only have one life and remember, ST is not that far off.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
I don't know how much the alcohol played into this accident but I did notice that there was a semi upside down on the other side of the road.

Please everyone, use extra caution around semis which pose all kinds of risks, especially on roads like I-80, 294, 55, 94, and the other highways around Chi-town. . Yesterday I almost got smashed by a 40,000 roll of steel that popped loose on a flat bed semi right in front of me. And if you want to go out and have a few, enlist a designated driver or call Uber or a Taxi. You only have one life and remember, ST is not that far off.

Glad you are safe. No excuse for drunk driving anymore in the US with Uber and Lyft.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
Even more crazy and in a twist of fate is that andy marte' last gme in the majors was in 2014 against the royals started by Yordano Ventura

Also a few days after Oscar Taveras died Ventura had RIP OT on his cap during the World Series.

God rest his soul and condolences to all who loved him.

Now that I'm thinking about it more, what if he was speeding away from these robbers and that’s why he crashed? Reports say speeding is what caused the wreck and his girlfriend said he never speeds because of what happened to Oscar Taveras. That would certainly tie into why these people didn’t save his life and took his stuff.

Let's hope this speculation is untrue...that he was targeted and pretty much everyone in that area knew his Jeep.

Supposedly the fog and 15 mph speed limit were the biggest factors, stretch of pretty mountainous road. Some say the road was in very good condition, others disagree. Others are hearing speed or alcohol, a ton of conflicting reports.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-brief...-004334903.html

Jeff Passan article

Edited by caulfield12

I would wait for some verification. Rumors like this, when its hard to get real news, and it's in a foreign country where you could believe anything, it's easy to escalate it and escalate it.

edit: also if anyone was confused from caulfield's post above, that italics is not a quote from the passan article.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2017 -> 01:40 PM)
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...e128370819.html

A KC beat writer was with the team at the funeral procession today, pretty touching stuff.

Looking through his twitter tl its really touching. I really felt the sorrow that many are feeling there. Death is so damn final man.