Robertson to WASH was close, now at stalemate

Whisox05

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Robertson + $10 million for Juan Soto and Pedro Severino.

That's the deal I wanted then and the deal I want now.

I don't really have any interest in Severino. I doubt the Nationals would trade Juan Soto but he'd be a great get. I'd offer Robertson and $12 million for LHP Jesus Lazardo and SS Yasel Antuna. Lazardo was a 2nd rounder this year out of HS. He would have been a top 20 type if he didn't have TJS his senior year. Antuna is a tools infielder that signed for $3.9 million as an international guy this year.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 07:05 AM)
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/washing...osenthal-020617

That might change soon; the Nats continue to discuss a trade with the White Sox for closer David Robertson, according to major-league sources. Robertson is owed $12 million this season and $13 million next season, creating an all-too-typical Nats obstacle. The team does not want to absorb Robertson's entire obligation, and does not want to move additional prospects after parting with three young pitchers for Eaton, sources say.

Sounds like the sting of the public perception of the Eaton deal is slowing this deal down.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Worth mentioning that the agreement with Dodgers and Romo has not happened yet because a team that was in the mix upped their offer to him. I figure that would have to be the Nationals.

Rosenthal is now saying romo to dodgers pending physical. Hope that puts pressure in nationals now

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
I would pay Robertson's whole contract for Robles

I would too for Robles

Hahn did a great job by not throwing Robertson into the Eaton deal, now he's sitting on a fairly valuable trade chip

QUOTE (pablo @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
There's really no reason to do a deal that doesn't a least include Soto. If not, let Robertson re-establish value during the season. I can't imagine a scenario where Robles or Feede are on the table.

Robles? Probably not. But Fedde certainly can be on the table, he's far from untouchable

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
Robles? Probably not. But Fedde certainly can be on the table, he's far from untouchable

I think given the current value of Robertson, he's not worth a top 50 prospect unless there is significant salary offset. I'd be fine with picking up a bunch of Robertson's salary to get Feede include in a deal.

On a related note, it will be very funny if Q gets traded to Astros and Robertson to Nats as they were the most obvious trade partners and we've been speculating about it for 2+ months.

QUOTE (pablo @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
I think given the current value of Robertson, he's not worth a top 50 prospect unless there is significant salary offset. I'd be fine with picking up a bunch of Robertson's salary to get Feede include in a deal.

On a related note, it will be very funny if Q gets traded to Astros and Robertson to Nats as they were the most obvious trade partners and we've been speculating about it for 2+ months.

I'd say it's pretty likely that a deal gets hashed out at some point

I'm surprised that the Rockies aren't more in on Robertson, their bullpen is awful and could use Jones and/or Robertson to help stabilize it

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
I don't really have any interest in Severino. I doubt the Nationals would trade Juan Soto but he'd be a great get. I'd offer Robertson and $12 million for LHP Jesus Lazardo and SS Yasel Antuna. Lazardo was a 2nd rounder this year out of HS. He would have been a top 20 type if he didn't have TJS his senior year. Antuna is a tools infielder that signed for $3.9 million as an international guy this year.

I would take that deal in a heartbeat and I think it's the exact approach we should take with our B-level assets. Go for guys who are far away but have considerable ceilings. And I 100% agree on Severino, don't really see the attraction there.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)
There is no scenario where the Sox get Robles outside of a Q-trade that involves a prospect swap.

You know, that would be fine with me. Robles is > Meadows, Tucker, Glasnow or whoever else you can come up with as a headliner for Q. But reports back in December were the Nats didn't want Quintana.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:57 AM)
You know, that would be fine with me. Robles is > Meadows, Tucker, Glasnow or whoever else you can come up with as a headliner for Q. But reports back in December were the Nats didn't want Quintana.

Yeah and that was even before they traded for Eaton. They don't have quite as many bullets now.