Robertson to WASH was close, now at stalemate

Whisox05

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Yeah and that was even before they traded for Eaton. They don't have quite as many bullets now.

That said, if I'm the Sox - this would be a rare scenario where I would take a little bit less for Q or Robertson to get a deal done.

Say the Sox gave up Quintana and Robertson for Robles + a few lottery tickets. What that immediately does is gives us 2 hitters with star potential in our system, with Robles and Moncada.

It also makes the team significantly worse and thus, it drastically increases your chances of landing Seth Beer in the 2018 draft. And then we'd be flippin' loaded for the future if that all panned out.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)
Those 2 scenarios are also independent. Regardless of the return Q brings back, it's likely not helping us win any more or any less games this upcoming season.

True. Either way, there is no way I would settle on Q if I was Hahn. Beer looks good now but he is far from a sure thing and there's no guarantee the Sox would get to take him anyway. Making him an integral part of the deal is not wise.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
True. Either way, there is no way I would settle on Q if I was Hahn. Beer looks good now but he is far from a sure thing and there's no guarantee the Sox would get to take him anyway. Making him an integral part of the deal is not wise.

The reason to do the deal is Robles, who some think could be the best prospect in baseball very soon.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
That said, if I'm the Sox - this would be a rare scenario where I would take a little bit less for Q or Robertson to get a deal done.

Say the Sox gave up Quintana and Robertson for Robles + a few lottery tickets. What that immediately does is gives us 2 hitters with star potential in our system, with Robles and Moncada.

It also makes the team significantly worse and thus, it drastically increases your chances of landing Seth Beer in the 2018 draft. And then we'd be flippin' loaded for the future if that all panned out.

That makes zero sense

Quintana and Robertson are totally different trade pieces and we should not have to compromise too much on either

I don't think the Nationals have the prospects, or the desire to trade for Quintana

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
The reason to do the deal is Robles, who some think could be the best prospect in baseball very soon.

Even a hypothetical Quintana to the Nats trade gets hairy. There's no way the Nationals could pull it off without completely gutting the farm that is already hurting for the loss of Giolito, Lopez and Dunning

Robles + Fedde + Soto + Stevenson/Severino?

I can't see the Nationals having enough left to convince the Sox

I think we will be pleasantly surprised if a Robertson deal gets done what we get in return

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:33 PM)
Even a hypothetical Quintana to the Nats trade gets hairy. There's no way the Nationals could pull it off without completely gutting the farm that is already hurting for the loss of Giolito, Lopez and Dunning

Robles + Fedde + Soto + Stevenson/Severino?

I can't see the Nationals having enough left to convince the Sox

I think we will be pleasantly surprised if a Robertson deal gets done what we get in return

Yeah...I don't expect this to happen. I think it would be the Nats turning this down, not the Sox. It would take them being willing to completely gut their system to go for it in a possible last 2 years of Harper. Don't see it happening.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
There's no way I take a lesser return for Q right now just to bank on getting Beer later. Sorry.

I agree Mike.

I would be happy if the Sox traded Robertson and if necessary Nate Jones for Robles plus prospects and Quintana to Pittsburgh for Austin Meadows and Keller.

Then Frazier to the Yankees or Boston for a premium prospect.

Those are trades that would help the Sox establish a decent core almost immediately.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
I agree Mike.

I would be happy if the Sox traded Robertson and if necessary Nate Jones for Robles plus prospects and Quintana to Pittsburgh for Austin Meadows and Keller.

Then Frazier to the Yankees or Boston for a premium prospect.

Those are trades that would help the Sox establish a decent core almost immediately.

I'd do all of those deals, but it sounds like we have no chance at meadows. I packaging Robertson and Jones or even Frazier for a top tier prospect is a great idea.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:45 PM)
The White Sox aren't going to trade anyone with Q that would or at least could lessen his return. Hahn said as much at Soxfest when some shmuck thought adding Shields to a Q trade would be a good idea.

Lol yeah I'd rather just eat the 2 years of Shields. And hope he can pass by as a back-end starter for a team.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)
Lol yeah I'd rather just eat the 2 years of Shields. And hope he can pass by as a back-end starter for a team.

The fans would riot if the Sox took a lesser package to salary dump Shields

Shields will be here for the next two years, which is fine since we are rebuilding. Best case scenario is the Shields miraculously redeems himself enough this season to become a viable deadline trade chip (very wishful thinking)

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)

Shields will be here for the next two years, which is fine since we are rebuilding. Best case scenario is the Shields miraculously redeems himself enough this season to become a viable deadline trade chip (very wishful thinking)

That's what I was getting at if it wasn't clear.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)

I think there is almost no chance he's here for the next two seasons. At some point, they'll either trade him or release him. With Rodon at the major league level and Giolito, Lopez, & Fulmer on the cusp, the rotation is going to be squeezed pretty quickly. He might survive 2017, but 2018 will be another story.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
The idea that's been kicked around ad-nauseum is Q deal to Pirates for Glasnow, Newman, Keller and someone like Diaz while flipping Glasnow and Robertson for Robles.

I doubt the Nats trade Robles for anyone. They would have for Sale but he'll be their CF in 2 years when Harper leaves.