Robertson to WASH was close, now at stalemate

Whisox05

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 11:27 AM)
Yeah, he's admitted that his source from the Sox hasn't been very good so far. That's why I said he's at least worth monitoring, but hasn't been right on his Sox scoops yet.

He makes s*** up. He had a trade with Rays going down, he had the Cubs close to a deal with Boone Logan among other things. He had 2 really good guesses. Sports Mockery is s***.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:40 AM)
So no matter how many more times he correctly scoops a story with good info, you will continue to consider him a hack? Just weird how strongly you discredit him for being hit-or-miss so far.

He doesn't have actual sources though. He makes things up and happens to be right sometimes. It's not the same thing. Is he brother? Your buddy? What's the deal? Do you get a cut somehow?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 07:40 AM)
He doesn't have actual sources though. He makes things up and happens to be right sometimes. It's not the same thing. Is he brother? Your buddy? What's the deal? Do you get a cut somehow?

That's the problem with all these guys. There are too many of them and the phonies give the guys with real sources bad names. You aren't going to be correct all the time, but some things are pretty easy to see, or you can hear sports radio in another town on the internet talking about a possibility you haven't heard before, throw it out there, it happens, suddenly you are sourced. It is unfair IMO to the sourced.

Last year with no sources, I said the Sox would sign Alex Avila it was pretty obvious. A week later they signed him. I should have put it on Twitter, I would have been a star.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
That's the problem with all these guys. There are too many of them and the phonies give the guys with real sources bad names. You aren't going to be correct all the time, but some things are pretty easy to see, or you can hear sports radio in another town on the internet talking about a possibility you haven't heard before, throw it out there, it happens, suddenly you are sourced. It is unfair IMO to the sourced.

Last year with no sources, I said the Sox would sign Alex Avila it was pretty obvious. A week later they signed him. I should have put it on Twitter, I would have been a star.

Right. Everyone was already pegging the Royals to sign Hammel before Ventura passed away. It was just a no-brainer after.

I am stunned at the lack of activity with the White Sox. I am glad they aren't settling, but I highly doubt the offseason rebuild plan was trade Sale and Eaton for some prospects, get a couple of guys off waivers, sign Geo Soto, call it an offseason. That's pretty much it.

I thought they at least would have made another trade or two , even minor, and would have signed some more intriguing Spring Training invites.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
I am stunned at the lack of activity with the White Sox. I am glad they aren't settling, but I highly doubt the offseason rebuild plan was trade Sale and Eaton for some prospects, get a couple of guys off waivers, sign Geo Soto, call it an offseason. That's pretty much it.

I thought they at least would have made another trade or two , even minor, and would have signed some more intriguing Spring Training invites.

Not a lot of teams need a 3B or corner OF it seems. It was very quiet all off-season on the Frazier and Melky fronts. As for Quintana, Robertson and Jones, it doesn't seem that any team is willing to pay the price...yet.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 07:40 AM)

He says he does, you say he doesn't.

All I know is that I will continue to cautiously monitor things he says relating to the Sox, you can continue to be upset any time his name is mentioned.

Agreed. It has been a really long and boring offseason. It would have been even worse if the Sox didn't make those blockbusters at the Winter Meetings.

I'm surprised as well. I think the greatest asset out there for the Sox to acquire to help the rebuild lies in the 2018 draft. So this lack of activity is probably going to cost them big in that draft. It's hard to imagine them being in the top 3-4 picks as the rosters stand now.

And even if they do move Q and others at the trading deadline - it will probably be too late to make a run at a top pick. I hope the extra(s) they are holding out for in these trades is worth it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)
He says he does, you say he doesn't.

All I know is that I will continue to cautiously monitor things he says relating to the Sox, you can continue to be upset any time his name is mentioned.

Thanks for your permission, Chili.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm surprised as well. I think the greatest asset out there for the Sox to acquire to help the rebuild lies in the 2018 draft. So this lack of activity is probably going to cost them big in that draft. It's hard to imagine them being in the top 3-4 picks as the rosters stand now.

And even if they do move Q and others at the trading deadline - it will probably be too late to make a run at a top pick. I hope the extra(s) they are holding out for in these trades is worth it.

They are absolutely one of the 5 worst teams in baseball. Why do people think otherwise?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
They are absolutely one of the 5 worst teams in baseball. Why do people think otherwise?

I see 3 or 4 teams that could very well only have 50 something wins. I just don't see the Sox as that depleted. They have a below average offense, and assuming Quintana stays, they may hold their own as as average, or slightly below average staff. Infield defense should be solid, outfield defense not so much. That isn't the makings of a team that will lose 105 games IMO.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)

Because some disagree with your evaluations. They have 4-5 MLB hitters, 3 decent starters and a decent bullpen. That's more than many of the bottom tier teams. No one is saying they are any good but they have more talent than more than a few teams.

Plus they fired Robin who is the primary cause of their issues last year. :P

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)
Because some disagree with your evaluations. They have 4-5 MLB hitters, 3 decent starters and a decent bullpen. That's more than many of the bottom tier teams. No one is saying they are any good but they have more talent than more than a few teams.

Plus they fired Robin who is the primary cause of their issues last year. :P

I think they will challenge for worst offense in baseball. They'll hit some homers because of Frazier and Abreu. They won't be on base often enough to sustain anything though. They have a #1 starter. A #3 starter (with tremendous upside) 2 #5 starters and Shields who is probably toast.