POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
I think they're just doing as much of the OD stuff as possible, and the game being played is probably not happening. The people in the park will get a freebie of some sort and sent on their way home.

I would think the sox would try to not piss off what little fans that actually won't to spend money on tickets this year.

Any updates?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
The way I'm seeing it, the longer the delay the better. I get home from the city at around 5:30. The longer the delay=longer I'll be able to watch.

Same.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
Tarp now covering the infield fully. Could've been in the 3rd inning by now. Barely any rain in the last hour. Epic fail by this organization. Not surprising though

Good way to piss off your biggest crowd of the season

The lack of communication is just kind of baffling. I've been trying to figure out if I can go do some chores around the house but they've been acting like the game is about to start...but then not starting it....

As I sit here with my dumbass poncho waiting for baseball to be played, I'm trying to imagine a worse way the Sox could've handled this. I'm coming up blank. Still forecast to be relatively clear tomorrow. As someone coming from out of town every year for OD, this is really frustrating.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
Tarp now covering the infield fully. Could've been in the 3rd inning by now. Barely any rain in the last hour. Epic fail by this organization. Not surprising though

LOL