POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

Honestly, it could be good or bad weather in Mid-March to late May. I know it gets said every year that they should open in better climates, but it really doesn't matter other than possibly getting rained out on opening day.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have either postponed this game yesterday night/this morning or try their hardest to get it in today. Can't do the middle.

I think their mindset is a lot of people take off and schedule around opening day so they try to get it in. And I get it. But the last thing you want is to do all this and then paly 3 innings and have to play to an empty stadium tomorrow.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 01:24 PM)
They should have either postponed this game yesterday night/this morning or try their hardest to get it in today. Can't do the middle.

I think their mindset is a lot of people take off and schedule around opening day so they try to get it in. And I get it. But the last thing you want is to do all this and then paly 3 innings and have to play to an empty stadium tomorrow.

I get both sides, but the one I'm on is I could have taken a half day tomorrow if they decided earlier to postpone today and work the rest of the day. Now I'm definitely taking a halfday, and I'll be pretty annoyed if I get there and it's just rain delay after rain delay.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
Delayed. No pregame ceremonies either

BOOOOOOOO!!

In the bright side it looks from the radar as if it's gonna just be a light 15 minute or so delay with a 2 hour window following with no rain. We'all see how accurate accuweather is :lol:

Edit: Here's the link to see their real time for casting for the Cell's address...

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/chicago-il/...forecast/348308

Edited by hi8is

They aren't saying anything here at the park. Getting kind of pissed with the lack of information. Reminds me of the 2nd game last season when the upper deck was iced over and they delayed entry to the park without letting anyone know why. Starting to come down pretty good again.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
They aren't saying anything here at the park. Getting kind of pissed with the lack of information. Reminds me of the 2nd game last season when the upper deck was iced over and they delayed entry to the park without letting anyone know why. Starting to come down pretty good again.

Accuweather now predicts the rain to stop in 3 minutes :lol:

Edit: now 9 minutes.

Conclusion: accuweather is not exactly accurate.

Edited by hi8is

Sox thinking-

Get the media to cover what they want. Get the fans there to spend as much money as possible. Hope they get the game in, but if they don't, no biggie-hand out vouchers for a future game. Send fans on their way.

It's barely even drizzling here and has been since 2 pm. Absolute joke this game hasn't started. And they have a window to play it in.

If they were not willing to play in this they should've called it at 8am.