Willy Garcia Called Up

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
Maybe they'll send Kahnle back down? I thought this was strange too but hey, #MASGARCIAS

I'm going with Jacob May IF they feel someone on the roster can handle CF in a pinch. Don't know anything about Garcia's experience in CF.

Edit: nevermind

Edited by soxfan2014

May would make sense to send down but then who backs up CF behind Leury? Not sure it's May.

Doubt it's Asche because I think Delmonico would get the call to take Asche's place as a LH bench/platoon bat.

Wonder if Frazier is still dealing with the oblique and possibly headed to the DL. This would open up 3B for Davidson to play and create a hole at DH for Avi or Willy to slide into. This is the only way I can make sense of the Sox calling up a right handed hitting outfielder.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)
May would make sense to send down but then who backs up CF behind Leury? Not sure it's May.

Doubt it's Asche because I think Delmonico would get the call to take Asche's place as a LH bench/platoon bat.

Wonder if Frazier is still dealing with the oblique and possibly headed to the DL. This would open up 3B for Davidson to play and create a hole at DH for Avi or Willy to slide into. This is the only way I can make sense of the Sox calling up a right handed hitting outfielder.

It could be. 10-day dl retroactive to yesterday could make sense.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
Kind of off topic but Frazier has been a massive disappointment with the Sox. I realize they didn't give up much for him, but still. He's very underwhelming.

Just to stir the rumor cauldron, you think it's possible the Sox cut bait with Frazier and give 3B to Davidson?

Frazier doesn't really have value at the moment and he hasn't looked good at the plate. At this point ( can't believe I'm saying this), Davidson just might be more productive now and in the near future than Frazier. We know there's no future with Frazier but there is the slight possibility of Davidson having a future with the rebuilding Sox. Not the I'm holding my breath.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
Just to stir the rumor cauldron, you think it's possible the Sox cut bait with Frazier and give 3B to Davidson?

Frazier doesn't really have value at the moment and he hasn't looked good at the plate. At this point ( can't believe I'm saying this), Davidson just might be more productive now and in the near future than Frazier. We know there's no future with Frazier but there is the slight possibility of Davidson having a future with the rebuilding Sox. Not the I'm holding my breath.

Zero chance.

They'll give Todd every chance to regain some value over the next few months. Someone will trade for him in June/July. I wouldn't expect much, but they'll get something for him. They're not just going to cut bait 7 games into the season, especially after his last game was by far his best.

Edited by ChiSox59