Fantastic Starts and Where to Not Find Them

ron883

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 30, 2017 -> 10:56 PM)
His AB vs. Sale tonight with the bases loaded was incredible. He kept fighting and fighting until he got his pitch. Probably my favorite AB of his ever, aside from the walk-off grand slam against Tampa in 2014.

It was an instant classic.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like he is only good when there is no pressure on. He always blows the first half before the sox are essentially out of it. His resurgence came in a rebuilding year where there is no pressure. Lets see how he does when the sox are contending. Or maybe we'll trade him when his value is high to a contender.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
Seems like he is only good when there is no pressure on. He always blows the first half before the sox are essentially out of it.

Jose Abreu career during the 1st half: .288/.339/.848 with a 34/109 pace over a full season.

Next?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
Not only will you not admit to being wrong (twice with these threads) but you completely shifted your original argument.

"Facts" presented by ron:

-The Sox shouldn't play Abreu until June (That would be dumb)

-He's been "figured out" (That was also dumb)

-Last year, the same thread was started ON THE EXACT SAME DATE (Dumb, but funny)

-Claimed Abreu has "no pop" left in his bat (Ha, dumb)

-Criticized him for being fat?!? (Super, extra dumb)

-Now is on the "well he is good but only when the pressure is off." (Still dumb, but we're making progress!)

Good work, ron.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 04:51 PM)
3x, in fact.

This one, this one, and this one.

Good lord. I don't think I've seen ownage like this since Quinarvy was killing Lillian about his left handedness fantasies.

• 3 weeks later...

2nd half of 2016:

G      PA       AB       R      H      2B    3B    HR    RBI     BB     K     BA     OBP    SLG    OPS
73     315     282       34     90     13     0     14     48    25     48   .319   .384   .514   .898

1st half of 2017 (granted there are 4 games left for Jose to tank it completely):

G      PA       AB       R      H      2B    3B    HR    RBI     BB     K     BA     OBP    SLG    OPS
82     359     332       51     97     22     2     16     58    20     60   .292   .357   .515   .855

Total last 155 games:

155   674      614      85    187       35    2    30     106    45     108   .305   .369   .515  .884

Edited by Greg Hibbard

• 1 month later...

:lolhitting

f***ing hell this thread has been hilarious to read! Please continue.

Oh, as for Abreu, I think he's had a nice season but more importantly he is becoming the leader of the club. Considering the amount of Latin American talent the Sox have, that's huge.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Glad Jose took notice of my criticism and improved. I've been saying for ages that if he loses weight his production will improve. Wah-lah, turns out I was correct. Keep it up Jose.

Ron's world, Ron's world, party time, excellent!

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Glad Jose took notice of my criticism and improved. I've been saying for ages that if he loses weight his production will improve. Wah-lah, turns out I was correct. Keep it up Jose.

You were correct? LOLZ.

I know the Sox want to keep Jose around for Moncada, but I would definitely explore moving him this offseason. IF they can get a nice offer, I'd move him in a heartbeat.

But I think the Sox will try to put a halfways decent team on the field next year, which means Jose stays.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 03:44 PM)
IMG_1097.JPG

One more, for old times sake ;)

The main positive for Jose this year, aside from that he's still a 300/350/530 hitter, has been his health. I believe he's either missed one game or played all of them. He's a nice 3-4 WAR 1B. Not quite the star I hoped for, but certainly a good player and a great leader.