Keith Law

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:47 PM)
I tried to take the high road with him and stand up for Chuck. He really just is a jerk.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

He quickly blocked me after telling me "it'll be a cold day in hell before i take advice on professionalism from some coward tweeting from behind a pseudonym"

And it looks like he then replied "send your observations to Lake nobody cares"

Edited by Jose Abreu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 23, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
And it looks like he then replied "send your observations to Lake nobody cares"

Yep. He's clever. I really wasn't looking for a fight and made sure not to name call or swear. Just tried to stand up for Chuck. Oh well no loss I didn't follow him anyway. Just shows again how rude he is. Poor Chuck has to play the ass kissing game but I don't!

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:47 PM)
I tried to take the high road with him and stand up for Chuck. He really just is a jerk.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

He quickly blocked me after telling me "it'll be a cold day in hell before i take advice on professionalism from some coward tweeting from behind a pseudonym"

Dang, he really is insecure.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:38 PM)
I thought Garfien's question was in poor taste, but Law really went off on him for it, and was kind of a dick for the rest of the interview. I like hearing his opinion and his writing is interesting but man he is a prick sometimes.

He didn't even get to the question. I think it would be human nature to look at at player a little more skeptically , even unconsciously if you had no chance of signing him.

Law acted like Garfield was going to ask if they were outright lying. I don't think that was going to be the question.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:45 AM)
He didn't even get to the question. I think it would be human nature to look at at player a little more skeptically , even unconsciously if you had no chance of signing him.

Law acted like Garfield was going to ask if they were outright lying. I don't think that was going to be the question.

Was he gonna ask him about lasagna?

It's hard to imagine, deep down, that Law still doesn't hold some animosity towards Kenny Williams...especially since KW almost ended up taking a job with the Blue Jays, and is still theoretically calling most of the "big" shots in Chicago.

Maybe he's "neutral" or slightly positive about Hahn, but that doesn't override his visceral KW disdain dating back to the Sirotka/Wells trade.

Keith Law has no White Sox bias. This thread is absurd. I think it's funny that people say he "doesn't like Robert" when he said he could be a 3-4 WAR CF and would go in the middle of the 1st round. Sox fans on twitter are being ridiculous. Law hasn't seen Robert play but neither have any of the idiots tweeting at him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 24, 2017 -> 02:21 AM)
Keith Law has no White Sox bias. This thread is absurd. I think it's funny that people say he "doesn't like Robert" when he said he could be a 3-4 WAR CF and would go in the middle of the 1st round. Sox fans on twitter are being ridiculous. Law hasn't seen Robert play but neither have any of the idiots tweeting at him.

Agreed, it's pathetic how some sox fans think he's down on Robert just cause he signed with the Sox

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:21 PM)

I enjoy your insight, but I could live without the "you all are f***ing idiots" posts.

Just asking if all these posters were around and following Sox baseball in the 2000-2004 time frame when KW was such a lightning rod?

Maybe I'm getting old/er, but this new generation of Sox fans online, most of them don't have long memories about all the history in that particular relationship.

And saying someone COULD be a 3-4 WAR CFer, how is that any different from say, Luis Alexander Basabe, another player on the outside of the Top 100 lists...which is apparently where Law wants to place Robert.

It doesn't make any sense with Badler saying he could go anywhere from 1st through 10th depending on the team (if he was in the June draft, most advanced high school bat, the words of the scouting director that he was the best talent on the planet, Heyman saying he would go #1 overall).....how could he not even be in the Top 100?

And Tatis is #47 on the Law list when he's not on the BA Top 100 at all, right? Or, if he is, he's very high.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2017 -> 06:31 PM)
Just asking if all these posters were around and following Sox baseball in the 2000-2004 time frame when KW was such a lightning rod?

Maybe I'm getting old/er, but this new generation of Sox fans online, most of them don't have long memories about all the history in that particular relationship.

And saying someone COULD be a 3-4 WAR CFer, how is that any different from say, Luis Alexander Basabe, another player on the outside of the Top 100 lists...which is apparently where Law wants to place Robert.

It doesn't make any sense with Badler saying he could go anywhere from 1st through 10th depending on the team (if he was in the June draft, most advanced high school bat, the words of the scouting director that he was the best talent on the planet, Heyman saying he would go #1 overall).....how could he not even be in the Top 100?

And Tatis is #47 on the Law list when he's not on the BA Top 100 at all, right? Or, if he is, he's very high.

I agree...I mean it doesn't really matter at all, but he's slighting the prospect and I don't doubt it's because of who signed the prospect.

I don't think the White Sox should flatter themselves enough into thinking Keith hates the White Sox. I also think Keith understands when there is an opportunity to rile some folks up, and he takes it.

We also have it both ways with him. When he rated Tatis so high, it was OMG that was the worst trade of all time. Now he is an idiot for not thinking Robert is a top 100 prospect.

I just read where a few years ago he was talking to an Orioles beat writer about the pitchers and like a few of them but said Jake Arrietta had back of the rotation upside.

He said he wouldn't be qualified to be a data analyst these days. Just take what he says with a grain of salt. He is sometimes right, other times wrong, just like everyone else. At the end of the day his opinion doesn't change things either for the good or bad, and He has no effect on anyone's career.

I don't think he is anti White Sox anymore. I do think he was at one point, and back then they did have crap. He took forever to come to grips he was wrong about Sale, but eventually came around. But I do think he will tweak them occasionally, just for fun. He doesn't seem like a guy I would like to hang out with, and his undressing of Garfein was absurd, but if his opinion was the end all, I know, he wants to spend more time at home...., he would be running a team.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 23, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)

What was said in this thread that you consider absurd?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 23, 2017 -> 09:02 PM)
What was said in this thread that you consider absurd?

How about the very first post? His tweet about the newsletter was clearly a joke after taking a beating from Sox fans all day. Also, thinking he has a bias against the Sox is absurd. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it's pretty baseless.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 23, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
How about the very first post? His tweet about the newsletter was clearly a joke after taking a beating from Sox fans all day. Also, thinking he has a bias against the Sox is absurd. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it's pretty baseless.

The email that was sent out by him made it pretty clear it was a little more than a joke:

I had something else in mind for the newsletter today, but can I just rant for a bit about how petty and childish the reactions of a small number of White Sox fans were to my comments on the Luis Robert signing yesterday?

I appeared on the Waddle & Silvy program on ESPN Chicago yesterday to talk about Robert, and my Insider piece on the signing and the history of Cuban position players in general went up this afternoon. In both places, I gave the same info: I've spoken to multiple scouts and executives about Robert and found a quick and unusual consensus on his strengths and weaknesses, including the risk around his hit tool. I thought on balance it was a favorable commentary on the player - I still haven't seen Robert, but will go see him in June if he's assigned to Kannapolis or Winston-Salem - albeit not as positive as what I think MLB.com and Baseball America have written (two sources I respect).

Forum-shopping among fans is hardly new, but the level of vitriol on this one, which is still ongoing, is certainly a new high, and I wonder if this is a sign of the times and of what staying active on Twitter will be like going forward. Many of you likely saw the Sox fan who fabricated a bunch of comments from me and tweeted them, claiming I called Robert a .220 hitter (really, when have you ever heard me call a player that?), but there have been plenty of others whining that I slammed the signing (no) or said the player wasn't good (no) or that I was a big meanie monster to their favorite team. Good grief.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 23, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)

The only opinion stated in the first post was that that he found the situation interesting. :huh

He's a jackass.

Listen to the CSN Chicago podcast that went up today around the 8:30 mark.

He was asked if the scouts who Law had talked with any scouts of teams who had interest in Robert.

"NO no no no - stop stop stop stop. I'm not even entertaining that question, that's insulting. No, it's really insulting. I've been doing this a really long time, I've been dealing with scouts a really long time... these are people I know well and I also understand... uh... I know exactly what you where going to say and I think it's ridiculous."

Comes off as a completely arrogant pompous egotistical jerk.

When Keith Law actually says something I even remotely give a s*** about...it'll be a first. He's a pompous jackass as far as I'm concerned. Take your 2¢ Keith...wad it up in a little ball...and shove it up your ass.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ May 23, 2017 -> 05:37 PM)
If anything is 100% true Keith Law is an insecure jerk who bullies people like Chuck who he feels are beneath him. He could have made his point in a much nicer less defensive way. What a POS.

I don't think he is a jerk. He sometimes acts like one but I think this is because he has some kind of personality disorder. He is very qualified in his job but is a tough personality to deal with but that probably is due to his disorder that causes him to occasionally tick off.

I don't think he is a bully there are just situations when he feels pressured and doesn't know how to react otherwise. Those people can be tough to deal with but it isn't always their fault.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2017 -> 08:17 PM)
It's hard to imagine, deep down, that Law still doesn't hold some animosity towards Kenny Williams...especially since KW almost ended up taking a job with the Blue Jays, and is still theoretically calling most of the "big" shots in Chicago.

Maybe he's "neutral" or slightly positive about Hahn, but that doesn't override his visceral KW disdain dating back to the Sirotka/Wells trade.

He didn't almost take a job there. He didn't even interview.