DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
If I read it correctly, either Piliere or Law said he's a better hitter than Senzel, Swanson and Bregman out of college

If that is the case, sign me up for Hiura before any of these first basemen.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
Bukauskas I'm not a big fan of, as I think he ends up being a reliever due to his small size and high effort delivery

Yeah...me neither. Plus...don't we have him already with Fulmer?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 04:32 PM)
Yeah...me neither. Plus...don't we have him already with Fulmer?

I like Bukauskas alot more than Fulmer coming out. If we didn't have Fulmer already, I would love Bukauskas. Hell, I'd still love to get him. Big fan (not as big as Dirty and a couple others, but like him alot. Great stuff. He + Kopech.. good lord).

I really don't see the Fulmer comparisons with Bukauskas other than stature. Fulmer didn't throw strikes in college. J.B. is a 20 year old Junior that has started in the ACC for 3 solid seasons. He has great stuff. I think he's more along the lines of Lance McCullers and Marcus Stroman than Fulmer. I'd be fine with that pick if the bats they like aren't on the board. I'd be down with them taking Evan White for a slight discount though and I'd definitely take Evan White over Pavin Smith.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)
Could help the Sox for the position player hunt.

Frankie Piliere @FPiliereD1

·

20s

#Angels looking like a potential landing spot for JB Bukauskas. He's sliding a bit but they've been on him and are a solid fit

Makes sense, they desperately need pitching even after they trade Trout for Giolito and Fulmer

Bit of a shocker with Callis moving to Evan White.

One of the red flags seems to be his low walk rate.

Evan White has similar upside to Pavin Smith from Virginia, although with a smaller floor. White’s bat will determine if he can stick at 1B and there are certainly questions if there is enough power and bat for him to stick there. He projects more as a top of the order hitter due to his batted ball skills and speed. I have concerns about his ability to draw walks, which could limit his ability to get on base when he’s not hitting, but he doesn’t have a big strikeout problem. I’d like to see more power and walks when he hits the pros.

http://www.azsnakepit.com/2017/6/10/157508...ity-of-kentucky