2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 04:44 PM)
$8M a year for that. I know the money is changing in the NBA but it's unbelievable. They guy was a nobody prospect who was decent in a small role in an injury riddled team. I just couldn't see him getting $20 million on the free market. Unbelievable.

I wouldn't be so quick to trop Porter out of 1-2 with his health in mind.

MPJ's handle is what worries me. I figured we'd see it develop in college, but with the injury I'm not so sure anymore.

It's also not so much a dig at him, so much as the absurdity of the top of this class.

QUOTE (Quin @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 02:59 PM)
MPJ's handle is what worries me. I figured we'd see it develop in college, but with the injury I'm not so sure anymore.

It's also not so much a dig at him, so much as the absurdity of the top of this class.

Yeah with Bagley and Ayton playing at such a high level it will be hard to pass on them.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
LeBron pretty much dominated Ben Simmons tonight. I just don't get this dude. Almost 33 years old and 15 years later and he's still the best in the game by far. He's arguably having his best year. Think about that s***. Nuts. Doesn't make any damn sense.

Maybe his best offensive year, but even then I don't think so. He takes a ton of plays off on defense now, which is reasonable, but I think it stops him from having his best year ever.

QUOTE (Da_Goob @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 09:22 PM)
Maybe his best offensive year, but even then I don't think so. He takes a ton of plays off on defense now, which is reasonable, but I think it stops him from having his best year ever.

I think his best year was '09. But man. When is the decline going to start? And he looks MASSIVE. I don't think he's ever been this big.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
I think you can make a case Justin Holiday intentionally threw the game tonight. Those last 3 plays were hilarious

Atta boy! We need to be as bad as we could be right now. We might mess around and win more games once Lavine is back to full health.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
Chris De Luca‏Verified account @ChrisDeLuca[/url] Just posted; Zach LaVine’s #Bulls debut now looks to be more like early January -

My 100% belief is this is purely part of the Bulls tank strategy. And that is 100% okay. I do look forward to watching levine play and despite Lauri's recent shooting slump, I'm feeling more optimistic then ever regarding the return we got for Butler. Of course Levine is a huge wildcard in the mix (particularly his health and post-injury play). I pretty much watch the Bulls for Dunn / Lauri at this point. Dunn's growth has been extremely encouraging, including how well he's shot the ball. his ability to drive and score is impressive...passing clearly needs some work (and I don't know that he'll ever be a great passer) but given how much his 3 ball has improved (still small sample size), I look forward to his continued development. A decent mid-range game and he's going to be pretty tough to defend (and we all know he can play defense).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
My 100% belief is this is purely part of the Bulls tank strategy. And that is 100% okay. I do look forward to watching levine play and despite Lauri's recent shooting slump, I'm feeling more optimistic then ever regarding the return we got for Butler. Of course Levine is a huge wildcard in the mix (particularly his health and post-injury play). I pretty much watch the Bulls for Dunn / Lauri at this point. Dunn's growth has been extremely encouraging, including how well he's shot the ball. his ability to drive and score is impressive...passing clearly needs some work (and I don't know that he'll ever be a great defender) but given how much his 3 ball has improved (still small sample size), I look forward to his continued development. A decent mid-range game and he's going to be pretty tough to defend (and we all know he can play defense).

Hey a post I finally agree with you on in this thread! :P

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
My 100% belief is this is purely part of the Bulls tank strategy. And that is 100% okay. I do look forward to watching levine play and despite Lauri's recent shooting slump, I'm feeling more optimistic then ever regarding the return we got for Butler. Of course Levine is a huge wildcard in the mix (particularly his health and post-injury play). I pretty much watch the Bulls for Dunn / Lauri at this point. Dunn's growth has been extremely encouraging, including how well he's shot the ball. his ability to drive and score is impressive...passing clearly needs some work (and I don't know that he'll ever be a great defender) but given how much his 3 ball has improved (still small sample size), I look forward to his continued development. A decent mid-range game and he's going to be pretty tough to defend (and we all know he can play defense).

LaVine. Levine reminds me of Bruce.