Four Game Series with Cubs

oldsox

These will be our last "good atmosphere" games probably for the year. I'd like to get some good baseball for them. Dodgers, despite the losses, brought a bunch of fun crowds.

I won't be too upset but I'd rather not lose by 5+ runs each game. If we can't win, I hope it's entertaining.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
The losses are gonna come, boys. We don't have to hope for them. Let's have some fun and spoil the Cubs.

Seriously. We just lost 8 in a row, and there's no current "well when X guy gets back" to show improvement. Maybe Petricka could help?

The worst part of this series, when we lose to the Cubs, is the s*** talking from their fans. But really, what half-serious fan is going to talk s*** about beating a team that is openly and unabashedly tanking? Sure, I hope these are some good, exciting games but if we get swept, who cares? Big picture it does nothing but help our case.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
The worst part of this series, when we lose to the Cubs, is the s*** talking from their fans. But really, what half-serious fan is going to talk s*** about beating a team that is openly and unabashedly tanking? Sure, I hope these are some good, exciting games but if we get swept, who cares? Big picture it does nothing but help our case.

Fans from other teams don't care if you are tanking on purpose. They just know that your team sucks and their team does not.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
I'm good with anything, but for me, if some miracle happens where they give the Cubs four losses and they lose the division by a game, that would be pretty awesome.

That said, the Cubs will win 3 or 4, and then it'll be over. Then back to trade deadline stuff.

Win or lose we end up with a good result from this series. Can't complain either way.

As a fan I always hope the Sox win every game, but come next June we will be much happier with the larger bonus pool and higher draft pick.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)

You know what our team is doing. They know, too.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
We are in a year that means nothing, why would he feel that right now?

We are in 2019 before we have any chance of competing for the central division, there should not be much pressure at all.

Yoan just needs to settle in and he will be just fine.