2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 01:05 AM)
You don't need THAT many WR's. Sign one of those FA guys, draft a Will Fuller type burner in the draft (preferably later round) and let Meredith (who alot of us, including the Bears, like alot) come back and be a #2 type. I wouldn't be opposed to resigning Wright and have him be your #4 either, depending on what people think of Kevin White ever being healthy..

Bears really need to protect Mitch. Gotta get OL addressed as well as help for Floyd at DE. Probably CB with one of Fuller and/or Prince walking and LB.

We need OL, DE, CB with WR of course and then hope Shaheen takes a big step next season.

Were people really thinking Meredith would be back? I thought there was talk of his injury being career threatening or ending.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
Pace has a press conference on New Year's day after the final game. Tells me Fox is gone and that Pace (like we expected) has kept his job.

If the McCaskeys have taught us anything about them, Pace is not going anywhere yet. I'm fine either way, I can see both sides of the argument with him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 09:37 AM)
Sounds like a Bloody Sunday and Black monday are shortly in order. Gonna be a lot of openings, I hope Pace has his guy

Seriously. Glad raiders have someone in mind as that is a great job to walk into.

Frankly surprised at the firings of coaches that had taken teams to playoffs but just had bad years.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
I know there are still games to be played, but what are we looking at puck wise? Just not sure how the tiebreakers shake out.

I believe it depends on the outcome of SF, DEN and TB. If all 3 win, they move up to 6. If they all lose, they pick 9. Any combination of wins and losses, you can do the math. TB is the only team that would pick lower than the Bears in a grouping of teams having the same record, league wide as TB and the Bears had the strongest and 2nd strongest opponents winning percentage, respectively. EDIT: Muddy on whether the Bears or TB would pick higher were they to tie.

Edited by Jack Parkman

@SlavaMalamud

Think about this. The phrase "The Bills are in the playoffs" has never been tweeted, posted on Facebook, or uttered by an Uber driver. It has never been told over satellite radio. It has never been streamed. It has never been blogged or vlogged. It has been faxed, though.

Reading a Brad Biggs article, it sounds like the free agent market for WRs could be pretty ugly. The big names right now are Watkins, Landry, Robinson, & Richardson. Also sounds like a not great draft for WRs or at least top end talent. IMO, we pretty much have to sign Watkins or Robinson if we want a legit deep threat next year and I wouldn’t be against signing two of these guys. I’m not giving up on Meredith just yet, but we can’t rely on him filling a big role next year.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Bears request permission to talk to Carolina DC Wilks, is this a Rooney rule thing? Or legit interest? Bears probably at best "third best" coaching opening after Giants and possibly Colts (assuming Luck is healthy). This is the Bears here, nothing they do would surprise me.

As far as receivers to take a flier on in free agency here are my targets

Donte Moncrief, Paul Richardson, and any one of the Cardinals receivers would be interesting and possibly cost effective.

And of course the RETURN of Kevin White. LOL. Amazing how fragile he is, but it's not like the Bears as a team don't spend an inordinate amount of time in the trainers room.

As much as Fox sucked, I think whoever the Bears hired 3 years ago would have been fired today, especially if their OC was a weak as the one Fox had. It's a catch 22, if your OC is awesome, he gets a HC job. If there is stability, it's better than 50/50 he isn't all that great

It would be interesting to see where the Bears would be if Gase was still calling the plays.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 02:10 PM)
As much as Fox sucked, I think whoever the Bears hired 3 years ago would have been fired today, especially if their OC was a weak as the one Fox had. It's a catch 22, if your OC is awesome, he gets a HC job. If there is stability, it's better than 50/50 he isn't all that great

It would be interesting to see where the Bears would be if Gase was still calling the plays.

They had to cut ties with Cutler and find a replacement QB much sooner if they were going to save the job of any HC.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 12:12 PM)
They had to cut ties with Cutler and find a replacement QB much sooner if they were going to save the job of any HC.

This year was set up to fail. NFL MO is no HC coaches a lame duck season, so it was playoffs or bust for a 3-13 team whose biggest offseason asset to improve the FO didn't want on the field.

I don't think Fox showed all that much, and probably shouldn't be coaching the Bears, but the crap he gets for their record is ridiculous. He had no chance.

Ryan Pace has to be on the clock, and it would also be nice if the Bears made him available more often, he should have to answer for a lot of this crap.

They should have just fired fox last year, it was clear he wasn’t what was need d.

I don’t buy he didn’t have a chance, he was just bad. Doesn’t mean he could have won a super bowl, but in 3 years pretty much any coach should be able to cobble an 8 win season, unless they are bad or a browns coach.