There's a Game on Today

hi8is

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
That was dominant and probably his most impressive outing in the org. Command and movement all over the damn place, if his velocity was what it used to be I don't even know what his ceiling would be.

He located his fastball so beautifully today. If he does that then he's going to be a stud. Awesome performance.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 08:17 PM)
Crazy thing is looks like we might not have room for Dunning in the rotation with Kopech ready and Hansen following close behind

Rodon-Giolito-Lopez-Kopech-Dunning & Hansen. Let's go with a six man rotation

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
He located his fastball so beautifully today. If he does that then he's going to be a stud. Awesome performance.

Yep, if the curve and change are as good as he showed today all he has to do is command a 92 MPH fastball and he'll be good. The change was just so damn good, I now love him.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
Crazy thing is looks like we might not have room for Dunning in the rotation with Kopech ready and Hansen following close behind

Long way to go for that to come to fruition. More crazy to think Kopech Hansen and Dunning will all be quality major leaguers in a short period ( 2-3 years) of time .

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Yep, if the curve and change are as good as he showed today all he has to do is command a 92 MPH fastball and he'll be good. The change was just so damn good, I now love him.

Kinda has the Chris Young thing going where his size makes his high fastball deadlier than it should be

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
Adequate, commanded it nicely. The secondary offerings were on display today.

Excellent. I've been impressed with his changeup and curveball his first two starts. He left too many fastballs up in his first start which led to long fly balls. If he could command his fastball well even in the low 90s, he could be an all star.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 07:48 PM)
If you treat a Sox game like watching a sitcom where witty banter is the norm then Sox games can be entertaining. If you like actual baseball talk then perhaps your viewing experience is not as enjoyable. Things like Sox math , and Sticks and Stone and now the Kamka thing is a lot of silly filler but ,hey, that's entertainment !?!

Bennetti and Stone are fine and at this point better than crabby Hawk and Stoney. I like Bennetti. His dumb jokes are OK IMO. I'd give him a B. Stoney an A and Hawk, whom I love, an F now. Too crabby.

Giolito and Rodon. Wow. Two aces. I like it.

Anderson ... way to wake up! Nearing .250. Avi had a rough game. I worship Avi. Want him badly to hit .320 to .335. Please do it Avi.