Sox acquire Thyago Vieria

ChiSox59

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)
Cooper may have some difficulty with this guy. He doesn't have many "rules" for pitching like some coaches, but he likes to teach "standing tall" throughout the motion. This guy really doesn't do that as he flexes his trunk over a flexed lower extremity.

You know I respect your opinion and value your unique insights... that said, I must point out that Cooper is usually consulted on trades involving pitching talent. I suspect he "sees something."

:wub:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder about that. I feel like they consult cooper for ML guys, but after we acquired Lopez/Giolito it was clear cooper hadn't watched much on them. I wonder if he's brought in on the minor league guys or if it's left to the scouts.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
I wonder about that. I feel like they consult cooper for ML guys, but after we acquired Lopez/Giolito it was clear cooper hadn't watched much on them. I wonder if he's brought in on the minor league guys or if it's left to the scouts.

I've read on multiple occasions interviews with Kenny Williams back in the day and more recently Hahn which reference Cooper being consulted on draft picks, free agents, and trade acquisitions.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
You know I respect your opinion and value your unique insights... that said, I must point out that Cooper is usually consulted on trades involving pitching talent. I suspect he "sees something."

:wub:

Of course he sees something. The guy throws hard. I'm just saying that working on his command will be a challenge from what cooper normally preaches.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
Of course he sees something. The guy throws hard. I'm just saying that working on his command will be a challenge from what cooper normally preaches.

Understood my brotha - understood.

🙏🏻🤘🏻👊🏻

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 18, 2017 -> 12:11 AM)

A hard thrower lacking command reminds me of the issues with Matt Thornton when acquired from Seattle. Hopefully Mr Cooper can get through to this hombre

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 18, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
A hard thrower lacking command reminds me of the issues with Matt Thornton when acquired from Seattle. Hopefully Mr Cooper can get through to this hombre

You don’t even need to go back that far, we just did it with Kahnle.

Hasn’t always worked though, Massett and Aardsma were misses.