Your 2019 White Sox

Chicago White Sox

Seems like Machado is going to be most posters’ #1 priority. And honestly, a potential 2-5 of Moncada, Machado, Abreu, & Jimenez could be downright insanity. Those four guys could realistically combine for 120 HRs and as a group average a .900 OPS. That heart of the lineup would have a legit chance of being the best in baseball. I truly believe if we can land Machado that our offense would most definitely be playoff worthy by 2019 and would only get better in the following years as key prospects like Collins, Robert, Burger, Sheets, Rutherford, Adolfo arrive and fill in the gaps.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
Otani isn't coming here, there's 0.00000% chance

This has been discussed ad nauseam on the Otani thread, but I'm going to continue to believe in the possibility of him coming to the White Sox until he's signed somewhere, at which point it's either celebrate or move on.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
Trout gets $34 MIL est and he is better than machado just for his value in CF. But in 2 years you have to think Salaries will see the continual ( and crazy) escalation. So I think Machado in 2 years will get a 10 year $375-425 deal w the opt=out that seems to be growing in popularity.

$30M may be a little light, but I can’t see Machado getting anywhere near $40M in AAV. What teams will actually be in need of a 3B come 2019? Below is a list of all the teams I think could afford to have $30M AAV type player on their books and what their 3B situations currently look like.

LAD - Turner (2020)

NYY - Key prospects in Torres & Andujar

BOS - Devers

DET - Candelario (plus rebuilding)

TOR - Key prospect in Vlad Guerrero Jr

TEX - Gallo

SFG - Arroyo

CHC - Bryant

WAS - Rendon (2019)

LAA - Valbuena (option)

NYM - Wright (2020)

STL - Gyorko (2020)

SEA - Seager

HOU - Bregman

PHI - Franco (for now)

IMO, most teams look pretty much set at 3B. The Yankees are without question the biggest spender who might have a hole at 3B, but they also have a top 5 prospect in Torres plus another interesting option in Andujar. After them, I’d say the biggest threats for him are the Phillies & the Angels, and LAA already has $104M committed to five players in 2019. Also, this list doesn’t include the potential impact Moustakas & Donaldson may have on the 3B market as well.

Honestly, I really think the market is being set up for a battle between us & the Phillies for Machado and I ultimately think we’d be the preferred destination if the money is equal.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
This has been discussed ad nauseam on the Otani thread, but I'm going to continue to believe in the possibility of him coming to the White Sox until he's signed somewhere, at which point it's either celebrate or move on.

You do that

Rick Hahn is the ONLY GM to display literally 0 interest

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 01:38 PM)
$30M may be a little light, but I can’t see Machado getting anywhere near $40M in AAV. What teams will actually be in need of a 3B come 2019? Below is a list of all the teams I think could afford to have $30M AAV type player on their books and what their 3B situations currently look like.

LAD - Turner (2020)

NYY - Key prospects in Torres & Andujar

BOS - Devers

DET - Candelario (plus rebuilding)

TOR - Key prospect in Vlad Guerrero Jr

TEX - Gallo

SFG - Arroyo

CHC - Bryant

WAS - Rendon (2019)

LAA - Valbuena (option)

NYM - Wright (2020)

STL - Gyorko (2020)

SEA - Seager

HOU - Bregman

PHI - Franco (for now)

IMO, most teams look pretty much set at 3B. The Yankees are without question the biggest spender who might have a hole at 3B, but they also have a top 5 prospect in Torres plus another interesting option in Andujar. After them, I’d say the biggest threats for him are the Phillies & the Angels, and LAA already has $104M committed to five players in 2019. Also, this list doesn’t include the potential impact Moustakas & Donaldson may have on the 3B market as well.

Honestly, I really think the market is being set up for a battle between us & the Phillies for Machado and I ultimately think we’d be the preferred destination if the money is equal.

Just saw a Boston writer last week speculate they will eventually move Devers to 1st when Hanley goes and bring up or acquire a 3B. So Machado could be a destination if they don't go Stanton.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)

Take it for what it's worth but a few days ago I read an interesting blurb about the yanks this off season. The writer speculated the Yanks prefer to move Castro to put Torres at 2ND so they can put Andujar's cannon at 3rd. I kind of laughed to myself at first but then remembered Torres had TJ surgery so maybe the Yanks figure it will be easier on Torres' arm playing 2ND. From the sound of it, the yanks are rather high on Andujar so it possible they see him as their 3B of the future. Which bodes well for us White Sox fans that want to sign Machado next winter.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 01:02 PM)
Just saw a Boston writer last week speculate they will eventually move Devers to 1st when Hanley goes and bring up or acquire a 3B. So Machado could be a destination if they don't go Stanton.

It's possible but it could also have alot to do with Michael Chavis moving through their farm and should be ready by 2019, if not sooner.

2B: Moncada

3B: Machado

DH: Abreu

LF: Jimenez

1B: Smoak

RF: Avi Garcia

C: Collins (believe he'll start the year in 2019 with the Wsox)

SS: Anderson

CF: Cordell

Bench:

Delmonico

Hanson

Saladino

McCann (short term contract at 35. Will split time between catcher, 1b, and dh)

Rotation:

Rodon

Giolito

Kopech

Lopez

Hansen

Bullpen:

Herrera

Burdi

Vieira

Stephens

Fulmer

Bummer

Flores

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)

You know the theme song from the old school original Nintendo Mario games... the part where you'd be in a castle dungeon running along while avoiding fireballs.... It went something like this....

da da da da da-da

Well, whenever I read hopeful ( or even pessimistically hopeful ) sentiment regarding Otani - that damned them song plays in my head with one slight aberration:

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb-dumb

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)

3B: Machado

DH: Abreu

1B: Smoak

RF: Avi Garcia

C: Collins (believe he'll start the year in 2019 with the Wsox)

CF: Cordell

Bench:

Delmonico

Hanson

Saladino

McCann (short term contract at 35. Will split time between catcher, 1b, and dh)

Rotation:

Rodon

Giolito

Kopech

Lopez

Hansen

Bullpen:

Herrera

Burdi

Vieira

Stephens

Fulmer

Bummer

Flores

I love it and would be all about it. Two things stick out thou...

1.) With Smoak, he's got a team 6m option with a 250k buyout for 2019. So if he keeps crushing it then that 6m option is a no brainer for the Blue Jays. If he starts to regress thou and is bought out, we wouldn't want him then.

2.) I think that the bullpen would be a bit more beefed up at the backed... or do you really believe in Bummer and Flores?

I'll get around to posting my version soon - this is a dope ass thread. :wub: :lol:

3B: Yolmer Sanchez

DH: Delmonico

LF: Cordell

1B: Gillaspie

RF: Hulk

C: Collins

CF: AJ Pollock

Bench:

L. Garcia

Narvaez

Peter

Polo

Rotation:

Kopech

Giolito

Lopez

Fulmer

Rule 5 draft pick

Hansen (midseason callup)

Bullpen:

Rodon

Kimbrel

Vieira

Danish

Minaya

Miller

I figured I left myself the money available once I moved Garcia and Abreu so I dumped it into the bullpen, where we will need people the most. Also probably missing someone from the bullpen - we might not even see Vieira or Danish there, we could totally find someone else in a trade or FA acquisition this year who occupies the role for a year, but that's beyond my ability to guess.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)

3B: Yolmer Sanchez

DH: Delmonico

1B: Gillaspie

RF: Hulk

C: Collins

CF: AJ Pollock

Bench:

L. Garcia

Narvaez

Peter

Polo

Rotation:

Kopech

Giolito

Lopez

Fulmer

Rule 5 draft pick

Hansen (midseason callup)

Bullpen:

Rodon

Kimbrel

Vieira

Danish

Minaya

Miller

I figured I left myself the money available once I moved Garcia and Abreu so I dumped it into the bullpen, where we will need people the most. Also probably missing someone from the bullpen - we might not even see Vieira or Danish there, we could totally find someone else in a trade or FA acquisition this year who occupies the role for a year, but that's beyond my ability to guess.

Who is Hulk?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
Who is Hulk?

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
Da bessss, aka Eloy Jimenez.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
"Eloy fight big monster!"

But you already have Eloy in LF, unfortunately we can't clone him.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 04:09 AM)
I love it and would be all about it. Two things stick out thou...

1.) With Smoak, he's got a team 6m option with a 250k buyout for 2019. So if he keeps crushing it then that 6m option is a no brainer for the Blue Jays. If he starts to regress thou and is bought out, we wouldn't want him then.

2.) I think that the bullpen would be a bit more beefed up at the backed... or do you really believe in Bummer and Flores?

I'll get around to posting my version soon - this is a dope ass thread. :wub: :lol:

I don't know how I missed the club option on Smoak. That kinda sucks.

I'll give the 2019 roster a shot. Won't be the sexiest but here goes.

1B Zach Collins

2B Yoan

3B Yolmer

SS TA

LF Ryan Cordell

CF Leury

RF Eloy

C Seby Zavala

DH Delmonico

Bench: Narvaez, Saladino, Engel, May

Rotation: Rodon, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Hansen. If Rodon is still having problems everyone moves up a slot with Dane Dunning moving into the 5th spot.

Bullpen: Vieria, Burdi, Fulmer, Clark, Fry, D.Dunning.

I think Abreu and Avi are gone by then be t I won't speculate as to the return. Also don't want to assume the Sox go after Manny Machado so I left him out of the mix. Plus, I think the Sox see Jake Burger as their future 3B and will have Yolmer continue to play 3B until Burger is ready.

I think what could be even more interesting is forecasting the 2020 lineup when names such as Robert, Adolfo, Burger, Cease, Sheets, Rutherford, Basabe, Clarkin start coming into the picture.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:50 AM)

1B Zach Collins

2B Yoan

3B Yolmer

SS TA

LF Ryan Cordell

CF Leury

RF Eloy

C Seby Zavala

DH Delmonico

Rotation: Rodon, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Hansen. If Rodon is still having problems everyone moves up a slot with Dane Dunning moving into the 5th spot.

I think Abreu and Avi are gone by then be t I won't speculate as to the return. Also don't want to assume the Sox go after Manny Machado so I left him out of the mix. Plus, I think the Sox see Jake Burger as their future 3B and will have Yolmer continue to play 3B until Burger is ready.

I think what could be even more interesting is forecasting the 2020 lineup when names such as Robert, Adolfo, Burger, Cease, Sheets, Rutherford, Basabe, Clarkin start coming into the picture.

Damn straight it ain't sexy but the future for the Chicago White Sox sure is!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 03:50 AM)

1B Zach Collins

2B Yoan

3B Yolmer

SS TA

LF Ryan Cordell

CF Leury

RF Eloy

C Seby Zavala

DH Delmonico

I just want to point out that the payroll for this proposed roster would be like $25M to $30M. You got plenty of room to add free agents even if you think Machado is an unrealistic target.