AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I saw last night somewhere the Sox pan is actually 8th in baseball in fWAR.

I knew the pen improved but had no idea the improvement was that much. It helps alot when the starters are going deeper into games and not taxing the pen so early and as often. Someone on Soxtalk has been pointing this out for a while now. ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

I knew the pen improved but had no idea the improvement was that much. It helps alot when the starters are going deeper into games and not taxing the pen so early and as often. Someone on Soxtalk has been pointing this out for a while now. ;)

Guys also seem to be settling into some roles, which doesn't hurt.

10 hours ago, Bazox said:

Always brilliant to see a winning result first thing in the morning.

Ha, you're the ultimate "west coast sports fan".  Of course you blew past Hawaii and went into the future and ended up what, like 5 hours ahead of Chicago?

@southsider2k5 helps when the starter is pitching into the 7th inning, clearly.  Loved how Lopez finished last night and I thought it was a great decision by Rickie to pull him when he did.  Let the kid really finish on a high note and kudos to the offense for getting him the victory.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ha, you're the ultimate "west coast sports fan".  Of course you blew past Hawaii and went into the future and ended up what, like 5 hours ahead of Chicago?

@southsider2k5 helps when the starter is pitching into the 7th inning, clearly.  Loved how Lopez finished last night and I thought it was a great decision by Rickie to pull him when he did.  Let the kid really finish on a high note and kudos to the offense for getting him the victory.

It is no coincidence that as the rotation stabilized and started going deeper, the pen became infinitely more effective.

Wow we won last night? Cool. I can't ever remember not knowing if the Sox won or lost on a given day the past many many years. I turned it off last night with us up one and didn't feel so confident. Nice to beat the Twins in the rain.