Game thread right here

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It baffles me how the 2018 version of James Shields can miss bats like this, but Reynaldo Lopez can't miss bats to save his life. 

They had basically the same K rate coming into tonight.  The problem for Lopez is relying too much on the fastball & slider and completely ignoring the change & curveball.

Also, why do you always exclude Giolito from these comparisons?  His K rate is much worse than Lopez’s.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They had basically the same K rate coming into tonight.  The problem for Lopez is relying too much on the fastball & slider and completely ignoring the change & curveball.

Also, why do you always exclude Giolito from these comparisons?  His K rate is much worse than Lopez’s.

Mostly because I don't count anything Giolito did this season before around June 15. He's missing more than Lopez the last few weeks. Once he stopped flying open, he became much better. Working through severe delivery  issues at the big league level in a lost season is deserving of a mulligan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

88C525BB-641C-4B49-86F7-4AE5AE4D54E9.jpeg

LMFAO

To further my comment on Giolito, I'm going to reserve more judgment until i see how his changeup does now that he's switched from the circle change to the straight change.  it might help him get more swinging strikes on his fastball as well. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It baffles me how the 2018 version of James Shields can miss bats like this, but Reynaldo Lopez can't miss bats to save his life. 

Pitches too straight?