Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, LittleHurt05 said:

This post didn't age well, ha.

Pretty smart move by the Panthers.  They needed a safety and an already good D will get better.

A lot of teams didn't sign a really good player because he took a knee for the anthem.  It's amazing that teams would rather lose than sign someone like Reid. 

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Pretty smart move by the Panthers.  They needed a safety and an already good D will get better.

A lot of teams didn't sign a really good player because he took a knee for the anthem.  It's amazing that teams would rather lose than sign someone like Reid. 

Case in point... Atlanta Falcons who lost both their safeties. 

8 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

San Fran could sure use a quarterback.  If only there was an available one with playoff experience and has played in that stadium before

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

If they don't like the players on my team as much as I do they must be bad.

Problem with PFF is that people either treat it as the gospel or it is 100% wrong and the worst.  It is just one tool used to evaluate players.  There are many other ways, this is just one. 

They aren't the only analytics website.

They also had Adrian Amos as the best safety in football last year, so yeah, they can still f*** off.

They release player grades as soon as a game is complete. Even if 11 people from PFF are watching each game, I'm not sure how these grades can be anything more than a quick eye test guess, and yet I doubt 11 people are watching each game.

For those watching the game tonight:

With regard to Rams jerseys, which color scheme is most aesthetically pleasing: Blue/White, Blue/Yellow or Blue/Gold?

For me I'll take option 2, but it is a close call with option 1. Every time they wear the Blue/Yellow I wonder why they went away from that. It is really sharp. I think darker blue/navy with the yellow is better than the lighter blue. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

58 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

For those watching the game tonight:

With regard to Rams jerseys, which color scheme is most aesthetically pleasing: Blue/White, Blue/Yellow or Blue/Gold?

For me I'll take option 2, but it is a close call with option 1. Every time they wear the Blue/Yellow I wonder why they went away from that. It is really sharp. I think darker blue/navy with the yellow is better than the lighter blue. 

These uniforms are perfect.

They should go with the same ones on the road except white jerseys. Keep the pants the same.

McVay is unbelievable with that team.

basically with Gurley forces minny linebackers into field to stop run (who aren’t even especially unathletic), then does all these weird plays that appear as runs and get their receivers onto linebacker coverage.

of course, Goff can also hit his wide open receivers, and we’ll covered ones.

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

What happened to that Vikings defense?  They are really struggling right now.

Rams look pretty good.  Aaron Donald is so quick in the middle.

Something happened at halftime of that Saints playoff game.  From that moment in time, they went from an elite defense to just plain bad.

44 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

What happened to that Vikings defense?  They are really struggling right now.

Rams look pretty good.  Aaron Donald is so quick in the middle.

Well, for one they are missing Everson Griffin.  Thats pretty big, he is a monster.  Their DBs have been nicked up too

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Well, for one they are missing Everson Griffin.  Thats pretty big, he is a monster.  Their DBs have been nicked up too

Yeah, Griffin is a big loss.

I'm just surprised at how bad they have been.  They looked lost yesterday.

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, Griffin is a big loss.

I'm just surprised at how bad they have been.  They looked lost yesterday.

Yesterday didnt surprise me after the loss to the Bills, losing Griffin(and the craziness that surrounded it), and playing on a short week on the road.

The Bills, that blew my mind.   That is where they looked completely lost, and they were at home playing a rookie QB

2 hours ago, bmags said:

McVay is unbelievable with that team.

basically with Gurley forces minny linebackers into field to stop run (who aren’t even especially unathletic), then does all these weird plays that appear as runs and get their receivers onto linebacker coverage.

of course, Goff can also hit his wide open receivers, and we’ll covered ones.

This is what kind of excites me about the Bears vs rams matchup. I guy like Roquan is faster than Cooper Kupp. Should be interesting schematically.

7 minutes ago, Boogua said:

This is what kind of excites me about the Bears vs rams matchup. I guy like Roquan is faster than Cooper Kupp. Should be interesting schematically.

Guys like Darron Lee and Smith (there is a falcons player too I forget), should absolutely be prototype moving forward. You can just see the issue even in the cards game, fake you into putting base group on field, then use it to get linebacker on wr matchups.