Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Thought Silvy brought up a good question. If the Bears finished 9-7 for the season, would you be happy? 

If you told us all that before the season, 100% of people say yes. But at 3-1, that means all they have to do is go 6-6. I think expectations have now been raised, Louis Riddick and Field Yates we’re both on saying they expect the Bears to win the division. 

So does 9-7 work for you at this point? 

No, it would mean we choked, unless the first 4 games were a complete mirage. And for the record, if you asked me that before the season, I probably would've said no too. I *expected* 8 or 9 wins pre-Mack trade but would not have been happy with it, per se. 

10 hours ago, Tony said:

Thought Silvy brought up a good question. If the Bears finished 9-7 for the season, would you be happy? 

If you told us all that before the season, 100% of people say yes. But at 3-1, that means all they have to do is go 6-6. I think expectations have now been raised, Louis Riddick and Field Yates we’re both on saying they expect the Bears to win the division. 

So does 9-7 work for you at this point? 

Before the season I expected 9-7 and just miss the playoffs.  Seeing how great the defense is, hopefully the continued development of Mitchy Arm Sleeve, and the schedule not as tough as originally thought, I think the Bears very well could go 11-5 or 10-6 and win the division.  

On 10/4/2018 at 10:42 PM, Jose Abreu said:

Thinking they might flex the Bears/Pats game to SNF. 

Mahomes-Mania wins out, Bengals-Chiefs gets flexed.  CBS has a special Cowboys NFC game at 3:25 that day which is not getting flexed, so Bears-Pats stays at noon.

12 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Mahomes-Mania wins out, Bengals-Chiefs gets flexed.  CBS has a special Cowboys NFC game at 3:25 that day which is not getting flexed, so Bears-Pats stays at noon.

Probably the safer flex choice. Mahomes is must see tv right now.  

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Unless the Bears get insanely blown away, there is zero chance they are trading Howard within the conference. Zero.  Far more likely they make a deal for Bell.  

Yeah unlikely but in offseason I could see it. Definitely would require a 2nd round pick.

But if you were philly wouldn't you rather go big and get leveon?

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

Absolutely. You trade him if you can acquire a 2nd or high 3rd rounder. But they are going to get that from anyone right now, so Howard holds more value to the Bears than getting a 5th back for him now. Jordan Howard will play a role for this team moving forward. When it gets nasty at Soldier in December, you need a RB to run between the tackles. It's a position of strength right now. Try and keep it that way. 

"But they are going to get that from anyone right now" - guessing this was they are NOT going to get that from anyone.

I don't want to trade howard in season, but for the team to work cap wise he's definitely a guy you won't re-sign and bears trading for cheap rookie deals is a good idea.

But, I love howard, he plays so hard and doesn't complain. I hope he gets a playoff game just squeeking through a hole that didn't appear to exist and rolling into the end zone for a game clincher.

I think getting rid of Howard mid season would be foolish. Stack running backs because they tend to get hurt.  If they want to address the position after the season and deal him, so be it. But now is not smart

51 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah unlikely but in offseason I could see it. Definitely would require a 2nd round pick.

But if you were philly wouldn't you rather go big and get leveon?

Does Philly have the cap space to absorb a guy on a fully guaranteed deal this season? 

42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does Philly have the cap space to absorb a guy on a fully guaranteed deal this season? 

Not now, but it is prorated and I've stopped assuming the nfl cap is a restriction on any one deal.