White Sox at Tampa 8.3 game thread

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This version of Giolito is what I've been waiting for for so long and why I've been so supportive/patient with him. He's painting corners even with his offspeed stuff, getting lots of swings and misses, and only walking a guy every couple innings. This is Cubs ST Giolito. Well done Coop. However, he's so easy to run on. He's going to have to keep that in check going forward.

When Giolito is on he's also a ground ball machine when hitters do make contact, and that bodes very well for him becoming a TOR starter. He's making hitters look silly with his offspeed stuff, and it seems the thing that has made it all click besides getting his mechanics down is switching from the circle to straight change. He's not hanging it anymore, getting it down and it moves so well. That is a power change in the making. He has 3 60+ grade breaking pitches right now. If he can command both the curve and slider like he's doing tonight, he's going to be an ace and I don't think there is much of an argument. 

There isn't much of an argument that Giolito isn't going to be an ace? Dude, are you serious? Have you looked at his stats this year? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Bat him 9th at this point.

That would be a bad idea, I think.

We need Moncada and possible Tim Anderson to get as manny PA's as possible for experience purposes. 

Let's all remember... re-build.... losing does not matter right now. So far Giolitto seems to be correcting himself this year which is HUGE. Moncada needs to analyze what the hell is going on now. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yoan keeps pulling off everything.  Causing him to foul fastballs over the middle towards the left side and weak contact on off speed pitches.  Might be nice to give him a breather tomorrow against the electric LHP.

His OPS is in a free fall and will soon be below 700. A trip down to Charlotte might be more appropriate. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Pull him.  Let outing be positive and give reliever opportunity to have no one on base.

You should know this coaching staff is far too dumb to do that.  Way to leave him in for that one batter, idiots