White Sox Vs Cleveland 8.12 game thread

southsider2k5

Just now, Jake said:

I thought the Yoan looking K was not a product of him reverting to his previous approach but just misreading the pitch. He usually shows some recognition on the close strike 3 calls that there's a chance he's being rung up but he looked utterly surprised by it in this particular AB.

You mean guessing :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

This time he did know it was a strike by the time the catcher caught it, he was just badly fooled by the pitch. Still clearly battling two (or more) different thought processes up there

He's also so bad at hitting sliders/curves right now because he's flying open.  He got to that fastball yesterday because it was in the only spot he can really hammer right now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Covey might make more sense as long relief and spot starter. We should have two starting spots open in 2019. The bullpen most likely gets a makeover 

He also may make sense working at Target. I wonder if the Sox would think of bumping Cease up to AAA and give him a chance at a rotation spot next season.  He's the same age as Kopech.  The reason he's a level down is the TJS.  Rodon, Kopech, and Cease in the rotation would be fun to see.

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

Steverson should be fired after today's game. The quality of at bats all week have been inexcusable.

This a question I have but we complain and blame coaches. It was Walker before Todd. Is he that bad of a coach or are these hitters of ours just that bad or overmatched? The batting averages are horrendous as is the strikeout rate

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

This a question I have but we complain and blame coaches. It was Walker before Todd. Is he that bad of a coach or are these hitters of ours just that bad or overmatched? The batting averages are horrendous as is the strikeout rate

He might be the best ever, but it's not translating to performance on the field, especially the two main rebuild guys.

5 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

The answer is we don’t really know, but I’m not sure Steverson accomplished anything that warrants giving him the benefit of the doubt.  And when it comes to seeing zero progress from the former #1 overall prospect in baseball, I don’t think we have much of a choice but try something new.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• Kalapse changed the title to White Sox Vs Cleveland 8.12 game thread
  • Kyyle23 unpinned this topic