8/21 - Sox vs Twins, 7:10, WGN (Kopech Debut)

flavum

6 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

This is why Rick Hahn is a terrible GM and needs to be fired. He didn’t even check the weather forecast before calling up Kopech. That’s baseball GM 101. Terrible decision... rebuild ruined.

Sarcasm?

Kopech has an impressive, exciting start and the online Tribune sports articles include 3 articles on Daniel Murphy and 1 on Smith leaving Bears practice.

I guess there are no opinions on if Kopech could be good.

39 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Kopech has an impressive, exciting start and the online Tribune sports articles include 3 articles on Daniel Murphy and 1 on Smith leaving Bears practice.

I guess there are no opinions on if Kopech could be good.

It's rough, I'll never get rid of my trib subscription because their metro reporters do great work, but while I would have been p'd off about this in early 00s, now I just feel sad. Paul Sullivan writes like 60% of ever paper. They are stretched so thin.

The Athletic was well staffed last night, and I thought Jon Greenberg's column was perfect on it.

https://theathletic.com/483971/2018/08/22/it-was-a-long-time-coming-michael-kopech-debuts-before-his-family-and-23000-or-so-new-friends/

51 minutes ago, Baker said:

That's a great article. I need to check out more of that writer's work. I like his writing style and supporting it with GIFs.

A 2020 starting rotation of Sale-Kopech-Rodon-Cease-Giolito/Lopez/Dunning/Hansen sounds like an opposing team's worst nightmare....2020 start of contention window re-opened!

Great article there on Kopech. I was pretty disappointed at the game with the rain delay and subsequent removal of Kopech but understood why. Makes no sense to bring him back out. Crowd was great though...really into it and best crowd I have seen this year in my 8 games or so. 

I hope this is the start of something great. Give Eloy the Kris Bryant treatment of April 12th 2019 or whatever and let’s get this rebuild in motion on the MLB side.