Jump to content

Machado signs with Padres 10/300


yesterday333

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Nope, they would have Billy Beaned the whole thing like cheap asses.

I think they would've gone after Harper if they still had Tatis Jr. and I think it would've been the right call in that scenario. Or they might've waited for Trout. My hope is they'll get Machado and still go after Trout. Don't think it will happen, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

I think they would've gone after Harper if they still had Tatis Jr. and I think it would've been the right call in that scenario. Or they might've waited for Trout. My hope is they'll get Machado and still go after Trout. Don't think it will happen, though.

Highly doubt they will be able to land trout with the amount of teams bidding for his services 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

I think they would've gone after Harper if they still had Tatis Jr. and I think it would've been the right call in that scenario. Or they might've waited for Trout. My hope is they'll get Machado and still go after Trout. Don't think it will happen, though.

I don’t understand how Trout can be an option if the majority thinks we won’t spend $600 million on 2 players? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Highly doubt they will be able to land trout with the amount of teams bidding for his services 

I thought that about this offseason. 

A better reason why they might not be players for Trout is that Moncada, Giolito, and Lopez all will be in their arb-1 year that offseason and if any of them are any good that's tens of millions of payroll increase right there, and Rodon will be in his final year of arbitration. That's the year payroll  for the young guys starts going up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I thought that about this offseason. 

A better reason why they might not be players for Trout is that Moncada, Giolito, and Lopez all will be in their arb-1 year that offseason and if any of them are any good that's tens of millions of payroll increase right there, and Rodon will be in his final year of arbitration. That's the year payroll  for the young guys starts going up.

I also think LA will resign him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Morosi was on the radio a few hours ago and said that he feels Manny will take any final offers back to the Yankees to see if they can compete with it, as will Harper with the Dodgers.

Thats why i don't want this dragging over the weekend.

That being said it seems like ther yankees are sticking with being more fiscally sound. They let Corbin get away and SP is a bigger need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Which isn’t surprisingly in the least. 1. That’s where it seems like both want to go 2. Even if they didn’t, his agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t get best and finals from other clubs. 

Morosi also said that Manny hasn't even been given a formal contract from the Yankees yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Thats why i don't want this dragging over the weekend.

That being said it seems like ther yankees are sticking with being more fiscally sound. They let Corbin get away and SP is a bigger need.

Also why you better be willing to pay a substantial amount to make the Yankees not want to come close to it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tony said:

And maybe that’s Cashman’s play all along. Let the Sox and Phillies set the market, the Yankees seemingly know they have the advantage of being Machado’s preferred destination, so if they have “final say” maybe that’s when the Yankees present their offer. 

“Yeah, we’ll match that.”

Sox may not have the opportunity to get back into the bidding either...

I've feared this as well. Hopefully the Sox go high enough. Manny obviously hasn't gone back to the Yankees yet and we all know the Sox have an offer out to him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Morosi was on the radio a few hours ago and said that he feels Manny will take any final offers back to the Yankees to see if they can compete with it, as will Harper with the Dodgers.

U

I think this has been expected from the beginning of the process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

He wouldn’t be bragging for that long after Harper signs his deal

Aaaand this is why neither are signing until after SB Sunday. This is just a huge game of chicken between Boras and Lozano. Neither wants to be the first to sign. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...