Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Whatever credibility "Red Line Radio" had went out the window tonight.

Yeah I don't trust any of those guys anymore. I met WSD during ST last year, and he was a pretty chill dude 1-1 but when he's hanging with his bro buddies he becomes a bit of a douche. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

WSD would have been eyeballing the hell out of the scoop if he believed it

Yeah I kept checking in on his Twitter feed to see if he had responded to it at all and still no acknowledgment of it, it was definitely a false rumor that someone jumped the gun on and ran with

Edited by beckham15

19 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Cmon man you really fell for that? No chance that wouldn’t have leaked out or been caught or seen sooner than it was 

I didn’t fall for anything, I just think it’s absolutely embarrassing that Barstool Chicago goes live and immediately puts out a garbage rumor.  I know Dave has some connections, but the rest of his cronies are complete jokes and should stop with the #scoopcity nonsense.  This is really bad PR for their platform.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah I don't trust any of those guys anymore. I met WSD during ST last year, and he was a pretty chill dude 1-1 but when he's hanging with his bro buddies he becomes a bit of a douche. 

WSD seems like a nice enough guy, but yeah, I'm not a fan of Barstool at all. They're all just a bunch of attention seekers. I'm part of their target demographic but I just don't get the appeal.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

WSD seems like a nice enough guy, but yeah, I'm not a fan of Barstool at all. They're all just a bunch of attention seekers. I'm part of their target demographic but I just don't get the appeal.

Yeah me too. A lot of my buddies love Barstool. I can't stand Chief and Carl. The only reason I still follow WSD is because he was nice enough to talk to me for a few innings at a spring game last March.  

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

How are this many people having trouble differentiating between whoever Chuck Naso is, and the Red Line Radio guys? They just tweeted out his info, they didn't start the rumor. Maybe it's their fault for believing another guy who works at BarStool, Chuck Naso, but let's not pretend like they made this up themselves. Chuck Naso is the enemy here. 

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

How are this many people having trouble differentiating between whoever Chuck Naso is, and the Red Line Radio guys? They just tweeted out his info, they didn't start the rumor. Maybe it's their fault for believing another guy who works at BarStool, Chuck Naso, but let's not pretend like they made this up themselves. Chuck Naso is the enemy here. 

I get that, but as a member of the sports media (while in the process of trying to legitimize their brand) they definitely should be more careful what they shoot out to their followers.

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The fact that they would Tweet it out without any confirmation is stupid though.

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

I get that, but as a member of the sports media (while in the process of trying to legitimize their brand) they definitely should be more careful what they shoot out to their followers.

And I cannot believe an actual publication like NBC Sports ran with it. To me, that is the most embarrassing part of this.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres