Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I still disagree with the win now part. One players in baseball doesn't turn a team around. They still need to stick to the rebuilding and bring the talented players up as they are ready. Machado will speed it up a little but they shouldn't abandon the plan and start signing mediocre players.

Now in my context was a relative word. Now equals 2020 not 2022 in my context.

also that renteria quote makes no sense. why would moncada play 3rd this year, on opening day, when madrigal (the guess of why'd they move him) is down in AA ball?

I can see mixing him in, but you don't make your team better by flipping Yolmer and Yoan in the IF permanently.

This franchise.........

Which is exactly why I don't trust them until they earn it.

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

So why not play Moncada there until madrigal gets up? That makes no sense

I really thought "naw you guys are overreacting, sox aren't going to prematurely move their potentially plus plus 2b for a guy they just drafted that may not be there for 2 years if ever" but nope, yeah that's what they are doing.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres