3/28 GT - Sox @ Royals (3:15pm CST)

7 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

He has been worth 4 fWar/ 6 bWar over the last two years. He is a serviceable starter too. 

Bad baseball take aside, how can anyone hate Yolmer? He is easily the most personable person on the team. I love his attitude and energy.

He has a career OPS of .661. Only in a fan base where the standards of quality have been as horribly abused as this one is that considered a “serviceable starter”.

Who cares about attitude and energy? Give me a few million dollars a year and I’ll force myself to run around and act like an imbecile for other people’s amusement, dumping Gatorade on my head and such, but your team will still be terrible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

He has been worth 4 fWar/ 6 bWar over the last two years. He is a serviceable starter too. 

Bad baseball take aside, how can anyone hate Yolmer? He is easily the most personable person on the team. I love his attitude and energy.

Yolmer is a -6 dbagwar in my book. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Sox aren’t moving so none of this really matters.

Why would the Sox move? It's not like it's the fans fault for this current malaise/attendance drop. If Jerry and the partners sell the team, I hope baseball demands Chicago keep its two teams. Once the higher ups in baseball start favoring a move, then it's a different story. They've always been OK to good with Chicago having 2 teams. Again, just cause we suck currently doesn't mean we have to move. It's 2 guys' decision to rebuild through the tank method, KW and Hahn. Nobody else in the city is to blame if we have bad attendance. It's their decision that could have easily been to rebuild in a different way. I can't see the Sox moving. There are too many other options once the lease evaporates. You think this team wouldn't draw 30,000 to 35,000 in say, Naperville or Schaumberg (if the traffic patterns worked)? Or in a downtown-ish locale?

Edited by greg775

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Yolmer should cut down on the clown routine and stay focused more.

If not, we gotta guy to spell him  -  Mad dog Madrigal.

He’s not a starter but the Sox made him one when Hahn whiffed on his two Padres. So now we get to watch the clown routine for one more season at 2B until Madrigal is ready.

Edited by Harper2Sox

37 minutes ago, pcq said:

Rodon got rattled and Rickeye just slept thru it. Quite a tactician. Not

He was very good through five though. Let's hope he can extend a bit deeper in the future. I enoyed watching him pitch thru five.

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

Seriously, it’s amazing how people can’t separate the two. It’s not Yolmer’s fault the Sox have used him as an everyday starter. He should be used as a super sub on a good team, being able to play a plus  2B and 3B, speed and a decent bat.

He can be a very valuable asset to a good team. That’s not what the Sox are.  

Agreed, he’s a nice backup.  People should blame Hahn, not Yolmer.  Hahn royally messed up one trade and one signing that would have kept Yolmer on the bench.

I don't hate Yolmer but I would be very happy to see Rondon starting at 2B the next game 

Yolmer should be up there trying to hit a line drive up there like Tim did not swing for the fences and hit a lazy fly ball 

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

An expensive 30 year old utility guy?  He could’ve hit 4 homers today and he still would have made zero sense for the Sox to sign.

I don't want to hear about age concerns after signing Jay and Alonso and McCann. That really makes no sense.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

I don't want to hear about age concerns after signing Jay and Alonso and McCann. That really makes no sense.

Jay and Alonso only made sense if it helped the Sox sign Machado.  Obviously it didn’t so they don’t make sense here either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Seriously, second basemen are supposed to be a dime a dozen. Nothing against our starter, but cmon, it'd be nice to have a second baseman who is league average or better in offense and defense.

Yolmer has been league average or better.

25 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Yolmer has been league average or better.

uh no, league average is like 2.2-2.5 WAR.  Yolmer ain't that.   He's been above replacement.

Look I like Yolmer.  He's a rare Sox Latin signing and development that worked.  That said he's a very limited player as a starter and IMO moving Moncada to 3B to accommodate him is absurd.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Big 1/3 pound Costco hotdogs, home made fries with cheese, chocolate covered pretzels, and brownies. Also bought us each a bag of Big League Chew and box of crackerjacks. It was pretty adorable. We all take the day off work to celebrate. 

Bruh...

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

uh no, league average is like 2.2-2.5 WAR.  Yolmer ain't that.   He's been above replacement.

Look I like Yolmer.  He's a rare Sox Latin signing and development that worked.  That said he's a very limited player as a starter and IMO moving Moncada to 3B to accommodate him is absurd.

They moved Moncada to 3B after whiffing on Machado.  It was done to accommodate Madrigal for next year.  No team is moving players around for Yolmer, not even our horribly mismanaged one.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic