GameThread: White Sox (Nova) @ Indians (Clevinger)

Kyyle23

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why are people blaming renteria for using the arms in the bullpen lol? Who was he supposed to bring in. I would have probably stuck with fry but every pitcher sucking, once again, isnt the managers fault.

He has 2 elite late inning guys just sitting on their hands out there.  Yet he goes with Dylan FUCKING Covey (who is hands down the worst pitcher in the bullpen)

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I could see Vizquel being the manager next year

Given the amount of rope that JR gave Manuel and Ventura, I don't see Renteria going anywhere this year. Probably not next year either, unless they're absolutely horrible and there's no progress in player development at all (the latter seems unlikely). Remember that RR was deliberately brought in to replace Ventura because he had a track record of successful young player development with the Cubs. Vizquel doesn't have a managerial record of anything at the ML level.

But, yeah, I could see Vizquel brought in at some point (2021?) if the rebuild doesn't turn the Sox into a competitor.

Edited by Black_Jack29

3 minutes ago, Moncada said:

He has 2 elite late inning guys just sitting on their hands out there.  Yet he goes with Dylan FUCKING Covey (who is hands down the worst pitcher in the bullpen)

Covey threw the out. Yolmer didn't make the play

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

And if you knew anything about baseball you'd understand you don't use guys who just pitched 2 days in a row even if there is an off day tomorrow. No need to wreck decent arms we are probably going to trade anyway.

• Thanks 1

We have a few very good players (albeit mostly young), 4-5 guys who have no business being regulars, a very good starting rotation and a bullpen that has maybe 2 reliable guys, the rest guys like Covey. I predicted 88 wins so I can't back off that, but let's just say I can see why some of you picked 70 wins.