Sox Home Opener vs Ms

6 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

So, you're saying Moncada will get more than Acuna?

I'm saying he won't agree to less. Acuna got an international signing bonus of $100K. He had made no money, so the Braves had leverage. Moncada got $30M. It will be significantly harder to  convince him to play it safe, especially if he is confident in his otherworldly potential. 

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I'm saying he won't agree to less. Acuna got an international signing bonus of $100K. He had made no money, so the Braves had leverage. Moncada got $30M. It will be significantly harder to  convince him to play it safe, especially if he is confident in his otherworldly potential. 

One thing to note is that based on some of the early reports, Yoan probably spent a good chunk of the $15M he netted after tax.  Likely still a wealthy man, but I doubt he has $10M+ sitting in a brokerage account somewhere.  

Lol, welcome to the Omar Narvaez experience Seattle fans.  6 pitches in the zone today already called balls for Kikuchi.

Well, when Narvaez is stabbing at each pitch

What should we expect? Kikuchi is not hitting his spots either. Clearly having a difficult time today. Hopefully no more hanging curves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lol, welcome to the Omar Narvaez experience Seattle fans.  6 pitches in the zone today already called balls for Kikuchi.

These fluff pieces about the Sox in spring training? Just that, fluff pieces.

Fluff pieces about former Sox? Evidence of coaching failures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

It looks like it was picked out of a hat. I would honestly keep Yoan in the 2-spot (even against lefties) until he has a stretch where he looks awful.

Lopez has looked like a bullpen arm his first two starts. Hopefully he can pick it up.