White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

Another thing to think about is having good starters makes Ricky’s job easy.  Having Nova, Banuelos, Lopez & Santana consistently going 4-5 innings forces Ricky to use the whole pen at sub-optimal times.  No way around it.  

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Another thing to think about is having good starters makes Ricky’s job easy.  Having Nova, Banuelos, Lopez & Santana consistently going 4-5 innings forces Ricky to use the whole pen at sub-optimal times.  No way around it.  

It's sad that Covey is the only other starter who can really go 6 innings in limited damage at this point. 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'd honestly leave Bummer in the 9th too. Or at least for a hitter or two if you want Colome to still get the save.

Put Colome in and let him keep boosting his trade value before we start playing good teams.

Just now, SoxAce said:

It's sad that Covey is the only other starter who can really go 6 innings in limited damage at this point. 

Yes that's true but reinforcements are coming next year.  Gio, Kopech & Cease will be mucho fun to watch.

Just now, poppysox said:

Yes that's true but reinforcements are coming next year.  Gio, Kopech & Cease will be mucho fun to watch.

Kopech and Cease are still going to have their growing pains. It really sucks Kopech got injured. This is why I'm hoping Cease gets his feet wet, pitches well (and struggles which he will) and by next season he'll be on a good path. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Kopech and Cease are still going to have their growing pains. It really sucks Kopech got injured. This is why I'm hoping Cease gets his feet wet, pitches well (and struggles which he will) and by next season he'll be on a good path. 

Agreed.  Look at Giolito.  Look at Moncada.  Look at Eloy.  These guys all seem to struggle coming up and once they adjust, they are studs.