ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Who has said he's a perfect closer?  Rivera wasn't even perfect.  He is a really good trade piece for the deadline.

Go check the Colome trade value thread. Here's an example:

On 6/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, vilehoopster said:

See, this is where we really, really disagree. 16 for 16 in saves is not just "OK" in the present. It's outstanding. You guys who keep describing Colome as a "2nd tier" closer or that he's only above average and only been lucky so far, your argument loses all credibility on that statement. As soon as you make a statement like that, your logic is obviously wrong and your point of trading Colome is lost. 

Only Hand and Colome among Mlb leaders don't have a blown save yet. That's clearly better than "OK". The odds that this "really good in the future" ever would be better and more helpful to the White Sox than Colome is in the present seems very low, very low indeed. 

Seriously, what are the odds that whomever we get for Colome will ever be one of the top two or three at their position (in this case closer)  by the time of the all-star game ? I would say well below 20%. On the other hand, it's possible that whomever we get for Colome will never even make it to the majors. I would say the odds are above 20%

So why trade a guy who is sooo helpful to the team now and into the future for a guy whom the odds are will never help the MLB club as much is Colome is doing now, and for whom there's a real possiblity that this traded for player might never make the majors. 

People on this board keep asking how are we almost at .500 with our starting pitching being so weak. Yes, the bats are better than last year, but the biggest improvement over last year is our bullpen and Colome is the # 1 factor of our improved bullpen. Why trade that away for a player who might make the majors and who is very, very doubtful to ever help the Sox as much as Colome has so far and will continue to do into the future. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Because...of course.  White Sox gonna White Sox.

Why was Garcia looking back towards the plate when he was running?   More poor fundamentals.

It was a hit and run. Why Ricky doesn't have him straight steal is another story.

Ricky sux....fundamentals are brutal every time I turn on the game...

My favorite was 2 nights ago when the BOSOX hit a sac fly between Garcia/Jay....Jay had all the momentum catching the ball in a forward/throwing motion...instead of Jay making the catch the flat footed/stationary Garcia took the ball away from Jay...

Just now, mqr said:

Hey man, you win. 

Congrats.

it's a shit move to come in and pile on but FFS I'm sick of people with shitty arguments online getting butthurt when someone with a better argument calls them out.  Someone was using RBI to value Jose Abreu and it's just as dumb to use blown saves or saves for Colome.  Disinfo and misinfo is ripe online, it's time to push back against bad arguments.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, strike27 said:

Find a dumber team in baseball. You can’t. Some are worse, but none are as dumb. 

Another reason Madrigal will be a welcome addition.  He is always lauded for his on field acumen and high baseball IQ.  McCann is also in that group.  Well...that's all the high baseball IQ players I can think of on the WS.

Edited by poppysox

2 minutes ago, beaks99 said:

Ricky sux....fundamentals are brutal every time I turn on the game...

My favorite was 2 nights ago when the BOSOX hit a sac fly between Garcia/Jay....Jay had all the momentum catching the ball in a forward/throwing motion...instead of Jay making the catch the flat footed/stationary Garcia took the ball away from Jay...

Garcia sometimes has the idea he’s Roberto Clemente out there and not Leury Garcia when he’s playing in the outfield...

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox should have taken 2 out of 3 from the Sox. Lopez pitched pretty well. Anderson and Moncada injuries aren‘t that bad. 

And let Sale wiggle off the hook for the loss.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox should have taken 2 out of 3 from the Sox. Lopez pitched pretty well. Anderson and Moncada injuries aren‘t that bad. 

Whether you’re talking about the Red Sox taking 2 of 3 or the White Sox taking 2 of 3, I agree.