ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I think Abreu's pretty easy to project. Unless he gets hurt, he'll be somewhere around an .800 OPS player the rest of the year. He's been that for a couple years now. his overall numbers this year ought to be slightly better than they currently are.

problem is the way that 800 OPS is constructed.   A 290/350/470 line is a lot more valuable than a 250/290/530 line.  Jose average and OBP are cratering.  If they continue to drop he's not worth it, even with 35 HR.

Red Sox announcers crushed to finish 3-3 against Toronto and the White Sox.

For Boston, fourth lead blown after 8, plus another 7 more when leading after the seventh (Liptak stat of the day when Sox blow one...so his quote today about coming back from blown saves to still win should be interesting.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

problem is the way that 800 OPS is constructed.   A 290/350/470 line is a lot more valuable than a 250/290/530 line.  Jose average and OBP are cratering.  If they continue to drop he's not worth it, even with 35 HR.

Huh?

Can you explain to me why A is better than B?

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The guy is on pace for over 80 extra base hits and he is driving in lots of runs. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Huh?

Can you explain to me why A is better than B?

In 600 PAs A would make 36 fewer outs.

The two closest lines I can find to these hypothetical batters

Our good friend Avi Garcia represents A: .289/.347/.470, 119 wRC+, .345 wOBA
Franmil Reyes for B: .244/.295/.525, 109 wRC+, .335 wOBA

Both are above average hitters, but A slightly is a better hitter.

Edited by TomPickle

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The guy is on pace for over 80 extra base hits and he is driving in lots of runs. 

That is very true...but his recent bad streak has made him look clueless.  Pitchers haven't needed to throw strikes to get him out.  In general I have been a Jose fan but there is no denying how bad he has looked recently.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think the most tiring thing for me about the White Sox is how fundamentally bad they are annually and how they cannot take a walk. 

I couldn't figure out Rondon's throw to the plate considering the most logical thing to do is get out at first. Also Benniti and Stone said that weird double in the eighth was because of tough conditions in right field. But the fact is Boston should never have gone ahead in that inning. White Sox gave them five outs.

Boston is a good team, they are not getting by the Yankees.

• Like 1