ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

it's a shit move to come in and pile on but FFS I'm sick of people with shitty arguments online getting butthurt when someone with a better argument calls them out.  Someone was using RBI to value Jose Abreu and it's just as dumb to use blown saves or saves for Colome.  Disinfo and misinfo is ripe online, it's time to push back against bad arguments.

Balta was presenting a bad argument himself, nobody said Colome was a perfect closer.  Vilehoopster disagreed that he needed to be traded, felt like he is a good piece going forward. There is nothing wrong with that and there is also nothing wrong with wanting to trade him for prospects if a good deal comes along. Both things can be good for the white Sox without presenting a "see he isn't perfect like you all said he is" strawman 

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's a shit move to come in and pile on but FFS I'm sick of people with shitty arguments online getting butthurt when someone with a better argument calls them out.  Someone was using RBI to value Jose Abreu and it's just as dumb to use blown saves or saves for Colome.  Disinfo and misinfo is ripe online, it's time to push back against bad arguments.

Thank you for understanding my frustration. 

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We’re at the point with Burdi and Hamilton that we might be better off holding onto him if they actually plan on being competitive next year.   Who’s on the free agent market that would be more effective?

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Balta was presenting a bad argument himself, nobody said Colome was a perfect closer.  Vilehoopster disagreed that he needed to be traded, felt like he is a good piece going forward. There is nothing wrong with that and there is also nothing wrong with wanting to trade him for prospects if a good deal comes along. Both things can be good for the white Sox without presenting a "see he isn't perfect like you all said he is" strawman 

Fair enough.  I don't really have a dog in the fight.  Colome is an decent closer but he's not elite and only the elite ones really get much at the deadline.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

And his argument for that was that he was 16 for 16 on saves and only Colome and Hand were perfect on saves this year. 

Even if the rest of his argument is correct that he is a better bullpen piece than we're likely to find elsewhere, that part of the logic was terrible and that's not the only time we've heard it over the last month. And to illustrate how bad of a point it is - it fell apart today without it being his fault at all.