ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

Just now, wegner said:

I had to step away and missed most of the bottom of the 8th...is it safe to say that they get out of that inning with the lead if Rondon doesn't screw up?

Yes, if Rondon throws to first.a run scores and they get an out.

Devers hit a tapper back to Colome for what would have been the third out

• Thanks 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Winnin’ Ugly?

Six blown saves for Barnes.  Back to back games does him in.

Now the big question is whether Colome can pull himself together mentally now that the heart of the lineup has already hit against him.

Gotta remember that saves don't matter.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

And his argument for that was that he was 16 for 16 on saves and only Colome and Hand were perfect on saves this year. 

Even if the rest of his argument is correct that he is a better bullpen piece than we're likely to find elsewhere, that part of the logic was terrible and that's not the only time we've heard it over the last month. And to illustrate how bad of a point it is - it fell apart today without it being his fault at all. 

Give me a fucking break Balta, this is petty as hell and you know it 

he isn't perfect now everyone!  You see! He isn't perfect just like I told you all he wasn't!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Another reason Madrigal will be a welcome addition.  He is always lauded for his on field acumen and high baseball IQ.  McCann is also in that group.  Well...that's all the high baseball IQ players I can think of on the WS.

McCann, Yolmer... there's a couple of guys on the team who are very smart baseball players. 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Give me a fucking break Balta, this is petty as hell and you know it 

he isn't perfect now everyone!  You see! He isn't perfect just like I told you all he wasn't!

How about "This argument was stupid can we please stop hearing it"?

• Like 1

Just now, poppysox said:

That was the first really good at bat in what seems like a month.

I think his new normal is 250/290/500.  He's selling out for power.  Classic aging slugger profile.  That's like a 110 wRC+ and a 1 WAR DH/1B.  Sorry Jose, gotta move on in 2020 bud.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think his new normal is 250/290/500.  He's selling out for power.  Classic aging slugger profile.  That's like a 110 wRC+ and a 1 WAR DH/1B.  Sorry Jose, gotta move on in 2020 bud.

Yeah. Overall, it was a great deal. But it may be time to move on. 1 year deal, lower AAV deal at most. And to DH and not hit 3rd.

Edited by soxfan2014

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Kingman was one of Those guys that never walked but hit a ton of homers, right? He was before my time. 

Took a few more walks from Jose but as a classic low average high slugging corner guy.  He was a bit before my time as well I think I only know him through RBI baseball.