Cole or Strasburg?

wegner

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Sorry for posting this guys, based on his other tweets he seems like a fraud

It happens.

Frankly, no matter what his expected price tag, the Sox should be doing their due diligence with Cole anyway. They should be meeting with him, attempting to woo him, all that jazz.

By the time he signs, though, it's pretty likely that the Sox offseason is mostly concluded. But if they miss out on Wheeler, they need to go hard after Cole. Make the Yankees put their money where their mouth is and bid that shit up.

I would be more excited by sox beating a competitive field to land Cole than had they landed Machado, I also think it would be a bigger boost to our competitive outlook the next 3 years as pitching is scarcer than we expected internally.

edit: well we'll save this for when the sox jump in the ole sweepstakes

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yup.

I mean, me... personally... I like great defenders and baserunners who have .377 OBP's who never strike out. Maybe that's just me though.

We absolutely have to keep him down to maximize his service time with the team.

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yup.

I mean, me... personally... I like great defenders and baserunners who have .377 OBP's who never strike out. Maybe that's just me though.

I'm a big fan personally. I understand Harold's view point though. He has different preferences in prospects/ceilings. He's in the industry too, so I appreciate his input.

Edited by DirtySox

18 minutes ago, mqr said:

There probably isn't a pressing need to Super 2 Madrigal. Maybe Robert, but I don't imagine either are down anywhere near that long. 

Im not concerned with super 2 for a player like Madrigal. If he’s good enough to warrant that concern then great, but he does not have the power to make himself into a true superstar. He can be a darn good glue player for a championship team up the middle though.

The question with Madrigal is how many 2B/3B/SB is he going to get at the MLB level. Not expecting more than 5 HR from him. 

I do think players with his profile(granted they prove their doubles/triples/SB ability at the MLB level) undervalued in modern MLB. If he can put up a .750+ OPS, he's going to be a hell of a player.