Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

“I do look forward to a year from right now and we’re sitting up in that suite looking at our board.”

I am not a fan at all of this thinking. They already won't pay market prices for top guys and the market is correcting upward. And if anything else goes wrong...

20 minutes ago, mqr said:

That’s an incredibly uncharitable view of those comments. 

Looked to me as very balanced, realistic, and reflective of this teams current stance as well.

Its the truth. 2020 isn’t the year. We will have a much better idea of where our needs lie after this season.

1.) We’ll get a major league pulse on Robert, Madrigal, Cease, Kopech, Lopez, and Collins.

2.) We will have a full year of evaluation on Vaughn and can see development on other farm pieces such as Adalfo, Basabe, Walker, Stiever, Gonzalez, Sheets, and Rutherford... etc.

3.) We will see how Rodon, Dunning, and Burger do in recovering from injury. 

These items give us more time to internally evaluate in house roster options and also will allow us to build up more trade value at potential surplus positions.

Now, can we all back off the ledge and look at this glass from another angle?

Edited by hi8is
I cans spells sentences
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Looked to me as very balanced, realistic, and reflective of this teams current stance as well.

Its the truth. 2020 isn’t the year. We will have a much better idea of where our needs lie after this season.

1.) We’ll get a major league pulse on Robert, Madrigal, Cease, Kopech, and Collins.

2.) We will have a full year of evaluation on Vaughn and can see how other farm pieces such as Adalfo, Basabe, Walker, Stiever, Gonzalez, Sheets, and Rutherford... etc.

3.) We will see how Rodon, Dunning, and Burger do in recovering from injury. 

These items give us more time to internally evaluate for in house roster options and also will allow us to build up more trade value at surplus positions.

Now, can we all back off the ledge and look at this glass from another angle?

And payrolls around the league go up even farther now that the stagnation is over, there's a stronger pitching market this offseason, Giolito and Moncada (+ Lopez) hit arbitration so there's another $20 million in payroll. And that's before anyone gets hurt or struggles - which has already decimated much of our system's former supposed depth. 

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

So one scout said the time isn’t right, and DVS decided to twist all of Hahn’s comments to fit that narrative.

That scouts take is 2022 is the sox year.  If that's the case then the window is going to be microscopic.  That scout sucks.  

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And payrolls around the league go up even farther now that the stagnation is over, there's a stronger pitching market this offseason, Giolito and Moncada (+ Lopez) hit arbitration so there's another $20 million in payroll. And that's before anyone gets hurt or struggles - which has already decimated much of our system's former supposed depth. 

6 minutes ago, Juice WRLD said:

“They fittin gotta pay da mans if dey wanna winz no madda wha da yea.” 

Next Year’s free agent class seems to align more to what the Sox are looking for and may be a bit better than this year’s class. I would wait it out and evaluate what you have in house this year and go after it next offseason.  I know I may take some heat for this but I really do think the team may be better off waiting for next offseason instead of spending the money on what’s left in free agency this year. Anyways we have one of the best catchers in the league behind the plate now and you would have to imagine that a lot of our pitchers numbers will improve this upcoming season.

Edited by maloney.adam