Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

9 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

You love this extremely minimal power you have over this forum of people who believe you know something. You know exactly what you’re doing, and I get why you enjoy it so much, but don’t act like you don’t know what people are talking about. 

Poop.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

You love this extremely minimal power you have over this forum of people who believe you know something. You know exactly what you’re doing, and I get why you enjoy it so much, but don’t act like you don’t know what people are talking about. 

Its not like he offers it up though, posters beg him to comment on it. 

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Here’s something to talk about... how about, do we even want Price? Assume it’s just a salary dump.

Or, we could just talk about love.

Of course because he gets you Beni.  If he were in FA he would fetch probably 3 years 50 million.  I'd have him above Keuchel. So yes, he could help us BUT it's really for Beni.

FWIW--Media people love to create rumors so they get attention.   Boston Globe indicates Jackie Bradley is the OF the Red Sox are trying to unload since he comes w a high price tag. Benintendi does not. 

Edited by SCCWS

Just now, SCCWS said:

FWIE--Media people love to create rumors so they get attention.   Boston Globe indicates Jackie Bradley is the OF the Red Sox are trying to unload since he comes w a high price tag. Benintendi does not. 

As someone said earlier, unloading Benintendi makes no sense for Boston

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Stick to trying to defend bad player acquisitions.  Your comedy act is lacking.

Lol, your posting act is lacking.  Why even bother with this team - and more importantly why spend so much of your time trying to convince a group of fans that everything about the organization they love is a joke?  

You have yet to see me "defend" the Mazara move - I've said he's better than backing up the brinks truck every two weeks for 5 years for shitty RF options on the FA market.  He's a flier.  It's gross, but they could have certainly done worse.  I've told you at least 3 times today I wouldn't have made this move at this junture.  But its also an enormous upgrade over what we had (which anything frankly would be), and the world is not ending. 

Edited by ChiSox59

The bottom line for me, even as a meathead fan with a parody troll twitter account is

David Price > Odrisamer Despaigne, Dylan Covey, Ross Detwiler, Hector Santiago, Ervin Santana, Manny Bañuelos COMBINED.

......and, the Sox are cheap AF. I can't imagine them entertaining such a deal without first assessing Price's market value, and having Boston cover the rest to offset Price's contract.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Benitendi is a 2.0 WAR player. Why are so many so guns ho to pay up for Price for him?

He literally was a 2 WAR player this year... previously he was a 4 and 3.  Lots of SAFE potential there. He's a safe player but also provides a ton more upside.

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I've never understood the fascination with Benintendi. I was waiting for someone on here to explain it.

A year ago we would have traded Moncada for Beni... That's another wild thing.. Beni has tons of potential and apart from last year was a soon to be stud. 

Just now, chetkincaid said:

I've never understood the fascination with Benintendi. I was waiting for someone on here to explain it.

It's a "Kenny gets his guy" thing. They supposedly were all over him in the 2015 draft. 

He's probably not that good, but I think he's the best the Sawx have to give as a sweetener. 

If the Red Sox are sending along like $30M, I'd be a lot more interested than if they're not.  Price at $32M AAV is crazy.  Getting Benintendi would be great.  Happy to give them Mazara in the deal - no idea if that is something they would even entertain.  Hard to know what the prospect package they would expect with covering ~33% of his deal.

I would think others teams would be interested if they're willing to prorate his deal to that degree.  Interesting potential deal, but just feels like too many moving parts to see it realistically coming to fruition.  

Edited by ChiSox59